Options
beccyleigh
beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
Inspired by Channing's thread here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/post/new/413889-bikini-by-summer-of-2012 :smile:

This is the official sign up sheet for the Rocking a Bikini by 1st June 2012.

The challenge is this:

1) Weigh in today (or 3rd Jan for the ones on original thread) & take any bust/ waist/ hip measurements. Take a photo in a bikini or underwear for your own records.

2) On the 1st of each month pm me your losses in weight & measurements (no need to provide starting weight, just current losses) And you can give a brief run down of exercise/training etc if you want to inspire others but not essential.

3) I will put the info together & post a stats sheet with everyone's progress.

4) On 1st June take a photo of yourself in bikini or underwear (again for your records) & Pm me the final stats day to be posted as a final record.

Those who want to can post their before & afters (or just afters maybe! :bigsmile: )& we can all pat ourselves on the backs at how flucking awesome we all look & how well we have all done :tongue: :glasses:

SO........Add yourself to the list (please copy & paste all names on the previous list & then add your own to keep the list current) & good luck.

Beccyleigh
Channing
bt_13_21
Jenn152
dzrogers
sisierra
inlander
clur85
thespence
lisaisso

Replies

• Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Thanks Beccyleigh, you rock! I'm ready for my bikini body!
  • beccyleigh
    Options
    Me too, just this second took my before pictures, not pretty at all,:sad: am really hoping I can improve significantly in 5 months.

WE CAN DO THIS.:bigsmile:
  • Jenn152
    Jenn152 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I weighed in this morning, but I'll take before pics when I get home and measure for the startung point for you! Yay!
  • beccyleigh
    Options
    Just working on the chart, how about this for measurements?

Weight Lost
    Bust
    Waist
    Hips
    Left upper Arm
    Right upper Arm
    Left Thigh
    Right Thigh

These are the main areas where loss is visible, especially in a bikini. But is everyone happy to do these?
  • Jenn152
    Options
    These measurements are fine. I just took my before pics, and I let it all hang out lol. I have my chart ready at home and an taking my measurements now and ill get then to you tomorrow! I also bought the ripped in 30 dvd yesterday! so ill do another round of 30ds and then ill do ripped in 30 after! Very excited!
  • bt_13_21
    bt_13_21 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I know my starting weight, but have yet to complete the photo or the measurements. I'm thinking about posting my before photo. What the heck, it'll be motivating.

My hubby and I started P90X on 1-1-11. Holy moly.
  • paulcer
    paulcer Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm in! At 47 years old (yikes, where'd the time go?)it would be nice to be in a bikini again even if it's in my own back yard.

Beccyleigh
    Channing
    bt_13_21
    Jenn152
    dzrogers
    sisierra
    inlander
    clur85
    thespence
    lisaisso
    Paulcer
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Never worn a bikini before... don't know if I have the guts... BUT I certainly could use the long term motivation!!! My whole family is getting together in Orlando for the 4th of July- and I would LOVE to rock one out and see the shocked expressions on their faces!!! (I'll send you stats this evening Beccyleigh)

Beccyleigh
    Channing
    bt_13_21
    Jenn152
    dzrogers
    sisierra
    inlander
    clur85
    thespence
    lisaisso
    Paulcer
    lik_11
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Ugh! This pic of me in my undies is not pretty, I have some work to do to get bikini ready. So far, I'm doing pretty good on the weight loss.

I'm doing two workouts a day. Every morning I do 30 minutes of Hatha Yoga. In the evenings I go to the gym with my hubby for a cardio workout and some weight training. At some point I plan on doing 30 day shred. I just haven't figured out how to work it in yet. I don't want to give up my Yoga, but 3 workouts a day seems a bit much.
  • bt_13_21
    Options
    Holy moly dzrogers! You are doing great--just don't burn yourself out! We've got a long way to go.

I'm still on track (weight loss wise)! WOO HOO.
  • Jenn152
    Options
    I am LOVING my new HRM and I am rocking through my second round of the 30DS... did a week of level one with cardio alternating and I started level two this morning for this week. Feelin good!
  • beccyleigh
    Options
    How we all doing you hot tall babes.? lol

So far I am on track for a decent loss of inches & lbs for 1st of Feb. Really have to force myself to exercise every day, am doing about 5 days a week at the mo but if I am to not look like a big blubber belly on june 1st plan to ramp it up to 7 days a week. Also priomised myself to get back to the gym this week, been avoiding as so cold out & easier to stay in & do a dvd but my gym burns are insane, as once I am there I really go for it. Really hoping this plan will work on my trouble spots, belly & boobs. haha

Hope you are all feeling hopeful too.
  • newgirl512
    newgirl512 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the perfect goal for me. I will do the weight and measurement today. I'm turning 50 in May and would love to look great in ANY swimsuit, let alone a bikini!!
    Beccyleigh
    Channing
    bt_13_21
    Jenn152
    dzrogers
    sisierra
    inlander
    clur85
    thespence
    lisaisso
    newgirl512
  • beccyleigh
    Options
    yay, good for you newgirl512, welcome to the club.
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Hello Bikini Babes! :glasses:

I've been doing pretty well alternating 30ds with running, but still need to up my burn I think. My biggest accomplishment has been no alcohol for the whole month of Jan so far! And I do like-a the wine! I'll probably have some on my bday, the 24th, but thats it!

OK, off for a run! Can't wait to hear how everyone is doing! Beccy, you're rockin it!
  • cupcake721
    cupcake721 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I wanna do it! I'm sick with the flu right now, but I'll get my photo, measurements and start weight soon. I would love to lose about 30-35lbs and this is perfect to motivate me. My calories have been fine recently, but I haven't worked out since I've been sick. I can barely shower or walk from my bedroom to my couch in the mornings. Hopefully I will get better soon. I'm really excited to join my fellow amazons in this. I'm going to hang a bikini on my wall. Or the fridge? Idk. We'll see.

P.S. Was anyone aware that Nyquil has 93cals per dose??? How rude.

P.P.S. Friends are welcome. :) I'm pretty sure I'm not contagious over the internets.

Beccyleigh
    Channing
    bt_13_21
    Jenn152
    dzrogers
    sisierra
    inlander
    clur85
    thespence
    lisaisso
    Paulcer
    lik_11
    newgirl512
    cupcake721
  • Jenn152
    Options
    Welcome ladies! I am doing pretty well.. i am preparing myself for a minimal loss again if at all because i tend to not lose when i do the 30DS i just convert alot of muscle mass... which is nice, but it just doesnt reflect on the scale. but anywho my bikini wont be blinking a bright red number over my head... it will be showing off my hotnew bod regardless of the weight. so im cool with the minimal losses this month!
  • bt_13_21
    Options
    I'm going to hang a bikini on my wall. Or the fridge? Idk. We'll see.
    What a
    GREAT
    idea!!!!

I'm doing ok. Still plugging away. I still haven't taken measurements. I need to do that!!
  • cupcake721
    cupcake721 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Only about a week till our first first of the month!

Even though I haven't been doing ridiculously well, I haven't been doing badly either. Slowly but surely! I think sometimes I'm one of those people who will try to give up too much too soon. And then I flip and eat 4 cupcakes or something. (I love cupcakes.) I'm working on it. Haha.

Hope everyone's doing well! :)
  • Jenn152
    Options
    blah bad week last week.... but i am good to go this week. who else is ready to report our results for the month of january?!? I am looking forward to it... because that means i am one month further into my journey :O) yay for longterm goals to keep me accountable! However, i wont be submitting numbers until saturday because thats my weigh day... so feb 4 is my day!