Chocolate Expresso Protein Fluff

Options
gp79
gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
I just shoveled down a bowl of this. The first batch using Myofusion whey where I enjoyed the flavor so much, I'm going up to make another batch here before too long.

40g Gaspari Myofusion (Milk Chocolate flavor)
3 Egg Whites
2 Packets of sugar alternative
2 tbsp Hershey's Baking Cocoa
1/2 c. Almond Breeze (40/cal version)
1 tbsp Coffee / Espresso grounds
8 -9 ice cubes, finely smashed
sprinkle of Xanthan Gum - although may work without this ingredient.

It's the only thing in my diary today (7 Jan) for the first meal if you want to check out the macros.

I added the Baking Cocoa to get rid of the protein powder flavor that my wife notices more than I do. 2 tbsp seemed to do the trick, not to mention the baking cocoa has so few calories I find it to be worth it for taste.

Coffee naturally enhances chocolate flavors if done with ease. Add too much and it will taste quite a bit like coffee so adjust to your preferences.

I've found you can really add as many egg whites as you want, I did one last night with a full cup of egg whites although it came out very "airy" and after only 3 - 4 bites I could feel the bloat coming on. Today with only 3 egg whites, it was excellent like a lighter version of a butter cream.

Replies

• geckofli
    geckofli Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Can i ask a question, i curious what the egg whites bring to the recipe?
    I just ask because I'm lazy and I'm trying to avoid separating eggs and I don't know what to do with the yolks
    And what's almond breeze I've never heard of that, never heard of that xanthan gum stuff either but I suppose if I want to try this or the pumpkin fluff I'd best put my foodie education cap on when I get back to site
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Egg whites add low cal protein and help make a creamy fluff. Fluffs can also be made without egg. Xantham gum is a food additive that acts as a binder and is a must for some powders to fluff.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I add the egg white for the creaminess it brings to the fluff. I've been whipping the whites stiff, and then adding the sugar / protien in hopes of eventually getting a meringue, but it has yet to work. Once the milk is added, whatever fluff is in the bowl is going to collapse because the milk has fat in it, which collapses the meringue. I haven't tried it with skim milk though. I doubt it would work.

Once collapsed completely, if you continue to whip you can get very little volume back into the mixture by whipping at high high speed. It's not until the temperature is lowered that the fluff comes to life, hence the ice / berries.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    eating this now. wow!