2»

Replies

• JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    RonneyKay wrote: »
    Hi All,

me again, okay so as you all know from reading my other posts, i have pretty much no appetite what so ever! So, I am looking for a good protein shake to at least drink throughout the day. Even if its something I gotta make with milk or water. My carbs need to be under 20 a day.

Most shakes I've seen also have a lot of sugar in them and I'm trying to stay away from that also.

Please help a sister out! I know its not good not eating, but at the same time, I just am NOT hungry at all. Then when dinner time rolls around I am a little hungry and so I eat until I'm satisfied and then I'm done for they day. Not even late night munchies anymore.

(no lectures on how I should be eating during the day blah blah blah because I already know that, that is why I'm posting this.)

thanks everyone!

How about a homemade one? I've used the lowest carb vanilla protein powder I could find and just used a half scoop, plus almond milk, lots of ice, and frozen berries. The berries really make a great flavored shake, and they are low carb. And the almond milk only has one carb per cup. I've played with other flavors like HWC and cocoa or canned pumpkin and nutmeg, but the berry ones were always the best. I can sneak some kale or spinach in, too.

Between the protein powder and the berries you don't need any sweetener. Unless you have a real sweet tooth maybe. But with a blender it's almost as easy as popping a can. Takes me maybe two minutes to make.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Just as a side note... there's nothing wrong with not eating if you aren't hungry.... some of us intermittently fast - I was never a breakfast person and usually only eat one meal a day, with a snack later at night while I'm on patrol...

Of course if you are never eating, that's different ;)

I use vegan protein powders with water for my night snack shake because I already eat a boatload of dairy at my mealtime. Plant proteins never have the texture of whey shakes but in my case that's a good thing otherwise I might just want to keep having more shakes (they seem like dessert to me).
    Renew Life FitSmart
    Garden of Life RAW
    Genuine Health Fermented Greens Protein
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I'm sure posts may help others but just an FYI, this is a revived very old thread from January 2012. It appears RonnyKay hasn't logged on in a very,very long time.

To @DeSterren who revitalized the thread and is inquiring about Quest Strawberry and Creme protein powder, I'm sure someone here can assist you. I don't use protein powders so, no input.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    If you're not eating much real food already I wouldn't use protein shakes. You'll likely eat even less real food if you do that...

JUST SAW THIS IS A 5 YEAR OLD POST.

Probably better to ask a question on a new post than one this old.
    Everyone is going to respond to the OP who is no longer around.
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Lol! I guess that's ok tho. It might help other ppl interested in shakes.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I'm bad for that... I usually don't even look at the dates, just where it is on my page feed and are there new comments on it, oopsie.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Kksd605 wrote: »
    I like putting my protein powder (mixed with a little water - 3 oz) in my coffee in the morning with sugar free syrup. Makes for a low carb, high protein Latte!

I am currently on Ideal Protein diet, but will switch at some point to another protein powder for maintenance. Also interested in good tasting, low sugar protein powders. I've never been a breakfast eater, so protein in my coffee works great.

I used to do those with my bpc, keep you going all day lol.

OP: I use vitamin world whey protein isolate, they are always one sale, taste great, low carb and 30 g protein per scoop. I've been using it daily during a new fitness program I'm doing anger it's really helped me keep my calories where I need and get extra protein. I've also noticed my hair is much thicker since using it which is a plus. The chocolate and strawberry are my favorites
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,967 Member
    Options
    Zombie post!!! :fearful::lol:
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    wow lol that's an old one, nothing wrong with zombies they gotta eat too
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    wow lol that's an old one, nothing wrong with zombies they gotta eat too

and brains are low carb as well :wink: :wink:
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    SunWarrior chocolate is delicious...I usually mix it with cashew milk (cold or hot) or sometimes coffee...the other flavors are not so much...I believe it's sweetened with stevia.