Vegan/Vegetarian

Options
Hey guys! As we saw in the forum, there won't be a vegan/veggie friendly menu made specially for us, so we will have to put our heads together and get this figured out. No sweat, right? I'm looking at last year's menu and making modifications, which i will post soonish. Any suggestions/feedback would be great :)

Replies

• merddryn
    Options
    I think we should focus on Calories/protein/carbs/fat that are in the meal plan that they will give us and find tasty substitutes that meet about the same.
  • Tubrookulosis
    Options
    I'm not a vegetarian but I definitely don't eat that much meat. I like subbing sunshine burgers they are really tasty and made from sunflower seeds. Also a big fan of burgers with black bean and chipotles, I just throw those on a salad and add some salsa and sour cream instead of dressing. I know this a high protein diet but I can't believe that we really need the amount in the meal plan, maybe I just watched a movie about the china study though.
  • Pipjayne
    Pipjayne Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hey BettyKrypton did you make any progress with this? So far I have just been cutting out the banned items and aiming for the right amount of calories and protein each day, i thought the diet section looked too low on carbs anyway, personally i'd rather get my energy from (good) carbs than fat
  • BettyKrypton
    Options
    Honestly I've been sticking to my own diet plan. :/
  • ItzaTrap
    ItzaTrap Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've also been sticking to my own diet plan, though I have been taking hints from the given menu. Pretty much I'm just using the calorie counter.