Welcome!!

Options
2»

Replies

• naedaily
    naedaily Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey there,
    Thought it was about time I introduced myself.
    My name is Renae and I am from Australia.
    I first joined a Curves gym when I was in university and loved it.
    About 5 years later, I moved to Japan and desperately needed to lose weight.
    My friends and I joined a Curves here and it has been great.
    There is no need to worry about a language barrier when it comes to Curves, the workout is the same no matter what.
    Happy to be a part of the group and cant wait to get active here. xoxo
  • laceylou0702
    laceylou0702 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Lacey & I started at Curves on 3/5/12 so far I'm down a total of 17lbs & 13 inches I feel great and I love getting in a nice quick workout! I look forward to hitting my goal weight, I wish we had the smart cards but the place I go opted out due to the increased cost per month but I'm still seeing results so it's all good! The best part is my sister even joined out in Portland OR after seeing how good I'm doing there. That is the best feeling in the world!
  • Asalmi
    Asalmi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I plan on joining tomorrow and definitely want to do the smart card or whatever it is! I don't have much weight to lose.. I am a runner and will start training for a half marathon in July. I want to strengthen and tone my body.. anyone still active with Curves and loving it?
  • Vanilladays
    Vanilladays Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I plan on joining tomorrow and definitely want to do the smart card or whatever it is! I don't have much weight to lose.. I am a runner and will start training for a half marathon in July. I want to strengthen and tone my body.. anyone still active with Curves and loving it?

Hello
    Definitely active and more than loving it :happy:
    You will find it an incredible method of toning and strengthening!!!!
    And yes go for the CurvesSmart....it just gives you the edge as it guides you through the process...like a silent PT :laugh:
    Welcome, and good luck with the half marathon :wink:

Jenni
  • sneekspeete
    sneekspeete Posts: 136
    Options
    Hello! I'm Jill, 41 years old, have been a past and now present member of curves. First time I started I lost 40 lbs doing nothing but the circuit -quit coz I reached my goal -and gained 60 lbs.back! Now I have rejoined and going 6 days a week for 45 minutes (3 x around) and using my elliptical @home. I love Curves. Heard many men say that curves isn't a "real "workout -I say, let them do it!
  • I just rejoined Curves last week - tomorrow will be my 7th workout...my location has curvesSmart ...do i have to wait a certain time to be eligible for the smart program?
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello and Welcome to Curves, Ladies!! It depends on your Club / Coach about when you start Curves Smart. Some recommend that you wait a few weeks untill you are more used to the machines. Others have you start it right away. I would check with your Coach and see what they say.
  • crudd123
    crudd123 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just found your group! I'm planning on joining Curves on Monday! My husband is giving it to me for an early Christmas present since it's half price to join this month and next month! I'm excited to join! I've been walking alot but my weight loss has been stalled so I'm hoping this will help me to lose more weight! I'm 52, married and have 2 daughters in college! Cathy
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Welcome to the Team Cathy!! I am so excited to be sharing your Curves Journey with you, even though My Curves is closing down in December. I hope to still be able to share you Ladies Journeys even though I won't be able to go to Curves any more (the nearest one is Half an Hour away).
  • charbear32
    charbear32 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    HI everyone! My name is Charity, I'm 32 and mother to a 3 year old daughter and a 10 mth old son. They keep me hopping! My husband and I will have been married for 7 years in May and we live in chilly chilly Michigan! I was a member of Curves 5 or so years ago, but honestly I did more talking than working out and I don't remember ever really being shown how to work the machines right. A month ago I was seriously considering weight loss surgery to hopefully bring tighter control to my bp and sugar levels and lower my high cholesterol. After hearing you have do to a 6 mth dr supervised diet attempt I decided I really wanted to give it my all and maybe avoid surgery all together! So I joined my local curves (a new one since we had moved) and also signed up for Curves complete. I am LOVING the diet, I just started it this week. I swear it's almost fail proof. I love the variety. And I am looking forward to becoming healthier and interacting with you ladies!