How do we feel about Crossfit?

_Amy_Budd
_Amy_Budd Posts: 378 Member
edited October 7 in Social Groups
I'm seriously considering this... I know that Crossfit and Primal/Paleo go well together (in fact, the Crossfit gym by me specifically mentions it on their Website).

Anyone done it? Would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks. :)

Amy

Replies

• cathyL11
    cathyL11 Posts: 46 Member
    I've been doing crossfit for about 2 years now and really love it but you have to be careful --- not all coaches are really well trained so you should look for a coach that has had extensive training in general fitness besides crossfit. Some crossfit coaches get certified with a weekend certification course and I think that is totally inadequate.

I think the crossfit approach can get a bit out of hand and pile on workouts that are not necessarily good for your joints and general fitness so you want to look for a coach that brings a lot of variety and intelligence to the daily workouts.

I love the olympic lifting aspect of crossfit and I love being part of a group of people that cheer you on and help you finish the workout. Its fun and you really feel as if you've accomplished something.
    I only go about 3 times / week but it has really helped my strength and flexibility and has firmed me up all over including my butt and thighs.
This discussion has been closed.