Ankle Pain

Options
kylesmommy89
kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
Hey ladies. I'm new to working out and I just finished Day 4 Level 2 of the shred...I think I landed wrong on the plank jacks the first day and I have a slight pain in both my ankles. My question is is it bad to exercise when you have a very slight injury or is it ok to keep going? Should I take a day off? It doesn't seem to be getting worse, but it's not going away. I'd like to make it the whole 30 days straight. I haven't missed one day and have been doing another one of Jillian's videos (6week6pack) along with the shred 4-5 days/week.

Replies

• mdelcott
    mdelcott Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I would say if your comfortable to keep going then keep going. You know your body and if you can get through the workout then go for it. Good for you by the way, keep at it:wink:
  • rebecca9341
    rebecca9341 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    If it's continuously hurting throughout activities such as walking and exercising, you should at the very least modify moves on the video so they are less impact on your ankles. You need to listen to your body and allow it to heal if need be, you can further injury yourself if you don't. Ice them down and make a judgement call come work out time. Best of luck.