That's it, I'm breaking my scale!

Options
rebecca9341
rebecca9341 Posts: 66 Member
Anybody else having issues with the scale not moving (DOWN)? Perhaps it is because I don't have much to loose at this point, but dammit, it's pissing me off! I know what you're going to say, "you'll see the inches shrink before the scale moves," but why can't we have both :sad: Ok, I'm just being silly! This is my second round of 30DS and the scale barely budged for the first round as well. Curious as to other shredders who may be having this problem. I don't rely heavily on what the scale says, but the whole "package" so to speak. So come on, tell me your scale woes!

Replies

• Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    i've got the opposite problem, the scale is moving but the inches aren't. which is damned annoying!
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I'm up 0.4 lbs overall from a week ago. Frustrating, but I'll have to find ways to break the plateau. On the other hand my tshirt sleeves are noticeably looser and I always have to pull my pants up during the shred. Classy!
  • TheAnie
    TheAnie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Mine won't move either, but I'm not stressing it. For me this is going to be more about the inches than the pounds. (in two weeks if I haven't even shed a pound I'll probably stress it though. hahah)

Have you taken a break day? Some people find that having a break day or a high calorie day will get their weight moving down.
  • kitsrunner
    kitsrunner Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I only went down 1 pound...lost inches in most places...but gained inches in my waist...huh? now that's weird
  • rebecca9341
    rebecca9341 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Mine won't move either, but I'm not stressing it. For me this is going to be more about the inches than the pounds. (in two weeks if I haven't even shed a pound I'll probably stress it though. hahah)

Have you taken a break day? Some people find that having a break day or a high calorie day will get their weight moving down.

I haven't taken a rest day yet, debating on taking one in between levels. I've recently started eating back exercise calories, so I will see how that goes for a while before I reevaluate things. I was showing 0.2 increase in the scale until this morning when i was up over a pound, but I way over did it on the sodium yesterday. To be very honest, I am quite proud of my accomplishments thus far. Now being a size 4 and being a weight that I wasn't even at my senior year of high school. I won't over think scale/inches until these 30 days are up. Keep on keeping on!
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I haven't really noticed any change yet (-0.5 on the scale, haven't measured but I doubt any measurements has changed). I think it needs more time, though. My endurance is definitely increasing, so my body is moving in the right direction. The numbers will catch up. Remember, it's the 30 day shred, not the 7 day shred :wink:
  • javame
    javame Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    SO glad to see this thread, same prob here. It's muscle...right????!?!?!
  • Akjenn89
    Akjenn89 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I've gained 2 lbs.... And I was freaking out about it all week. Then Aunt Flow came this morning. :) So I'll reassess in a week.
  • mzjstef
    mzjstef Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I actually lost a couple initially and now am back where I started. This happens to me every time I begin working out (gaining muscle!). But, I've done the 30DS before and you will see results. This is the first time I'm actually watching my calories and working out, so I hope to see more weight lost this time! It can be frustrating when you know you are working hard! Hang in there!
  • PacificGirl
    Options
    Stop paying attention to the scale! It seriously does you absolutely no good. When I was in my best shape and in elite gymnastics and racing motocross I was 5'5 and weighed 173. I had a 6 pack and my legs were more muscular than most guys'. You can't pay attention to weight, all that matters is inches.
  • MrsSanthoff
    MrsSanthoff Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    When I first stared I lost 5 pounds in the first week!! But now I am at a stand still! I know I am gaining muscle because my endurance in going up but it does suck to not see that scale move!! Another way that I judge is how my clothes are fitting and I think I will have to use that more than the scale! Either way, I am not stopping!!! I am gonna finish my 30 days no matter what!!
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Anybody else having issues with the scale not moving (DOWN)? Perhaps it is because I don't have much to loose at this point, but dammit, it's pissing me off! I know what you're going to say, "you'll see the inches shrink before the scale moves," but why can't we have both :sad: Ok, I'm just being silly! This is my second round of 30DS and the scale barely budged for the first round as well. Curious as to other shredders who may be having this problem. I don't rely heavily on what the scale says, but the whole "package" so to speak. So come on, tell me your scale woes!

I am up 1lb since yesterday! i don't get it.... i will just continue doing what's right and eventually things will measure up! I don't have much weight to lose either. just need to tone up my belly!!
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    After a week of watching the scale do absolutely NOTHING, I broke out my tape measure. Down 1 inch in my waist! :bigsmile: So keep it up everyone, even if the scale won't move -- your body is changing!
  • sew1222
    sew1222 Posts: 241
    Options
    I only went down 1 pound...lost inches in most places...but gained inches in my waist...huh? now that's weird

i gained a inch in my calves....im like wtf? there big enough!!!:grumble:
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Ok my scale has finally started to move down. But I'm doing the shred only every second day now, because I'm also training to run and I've added in strength training.

ETA: I didn't take measurements in the beginning, but I'm definitely down in chest, waist and arm, but my thighs are bigger, arghs!
  • MrsSanthoff
    MrsSanthoff Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Still not moving.....pants are a little looser but come on!!!
  • Lupiemomma30
    Lupiemomma30 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I gained 2 lbs but I haven't done any measurements