Interesting article I just saw

Options
bada_bing
bada_bing Posts: 128 Member
This article was posted January 5, 2012...I find it quite interesting as I sometimes eat just because.......although I am not really hungry...and sometimes it is because it is my substitute for the smoking that I used to do! Today is my 10th month anniversary of quitting...........yeah, me.

Here goes:

Snacking between breakfast and lunch may hinder your ability to lose weight says a new study. Researchers at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center found that female dieters who consumed a mid-morning snack lost an average of seven percent of their body weight while those who ate breakfast but did not snack before lunch lost more than 11 percent of their body weight.

Study author Anne McTiernan, M.D., Ph.D commented on the findings.

"We think this finding may not relate necessarily to the time of day one snacks, but rather to the short interval between breakfast and lunch. Mid-morning snacking therefore might be a reflection of recreational or mindless eating habits rather than eating to satisfy true hunger."

Replies

• hcn74
    hcn74 Posts: 214
    Options
    I'll raise my hand and own up to being a mindless eater. That's an interesting take on it!