Have you tried ...

Options
Oopsie bread? What did you think? I just learned about this over the weekend. I am going to try making this tonight.

On another note .. when people say this diet is too restrictive, I think to myself how I am cooking more now then I ever did when I was eating loads of crappy carbs. There seems to be a substitute for almost everything out there. :)

Replies

• AnyaArson
    AnyaArson Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it, but I like the idea! I've made carb-free crepes, substituting cream cheese with herb and garlic Alouete. It was so good! They had a fluffy texture and were very satisfying.
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/low-carb-pancake-crepes/

I just found this Oopsie Roll recipe and I think I'll try it this week:
    http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=259930

Oh, and I agree with the substitute thing! And most of the time, no, I don't need to eat a huge bowl of pasta, and the garlic bread, and the cheese cake, and the soda...
  • trkinsley
    trkinsley Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I've made oopsie rolls. Did it this weekend, actually. I used 3 eggs (separated), 3 oz of cream cheese, pinch of cream of tartar, and a small amount of sucralose.

The key is to fold the beaten whites gently into the yolk/cream cheese mixture. The whites need to be beaten (w pinch of cream of tartar) 3-4 mins on high with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form.

They aren't really that bread-y, but they're good. Too good, in fact. I had to throw them out b/c I kept nibbling at them. Consider making 2/3 or 1/2 recipe to start with so you can assess.

:)
  • JesseJaymz
    JesseJaymz Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    don't know what oopsie bread is, but i tried the flaxmeal bread. it was pretty good. i made it with olive oil so it was a bit greasy but it stayed soft and good for a long time. very good bread substitute
  • Dundreggen
    Dundreggen Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I LOVE oopsie bread. Its not really bread like. But soo good.
  • thelowcarbrecipes
    thelowcarbrecipes Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have not actually tried this just yet but i think i might have to, I have made a few breads with linseed and almonds that worked well and looked more like bread than the oopsie rolls i have seen, but still its about the taste so I will make some soon
  • twl900
    twl900 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    For those of you who have made oopsie bread, does it have a strong egg taste? Or is the egg taste barely noticeable?
  • trkinsley
    trkinsley Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    There's egg taste there, but it's sort of a buttery eggness, if that makes sense.

I would never confuse it with yeast bread, but it's still good.
  • CandyAppleCockers
    CandyAppleCockers Posts: 74 Member
    Options

On another note .. when people say this diet is too restrictive, I think to myself how I am cooking more now then I ever did when I was eating loads of crappy carbs. There seems to be a substitute for almost everything out there. :)

Dundreggen made oopsie bread for me. It was totally fun.

I so agree. I was on a bodybuilding forum. There were keto people and their life seemed super restrictive. I haven't cooked this much ever and I certainly don't feel deprived at all ever...
  • HollyJanelle76
    HollyJanelle76 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I made the oopsie bread for the first time this weekend and my husband can't stay out of it (and he's not restricting carbs as much as I am).

It's easy to take to work and stuff instead of having to use the microwave everyday.

I'm really having fun getting in the kitchen on the weekends and cooking. I don't do too much during the week because of working out twice a day, so we cook lots on the weekend. But, I agree I haven't cooked this much or eaten this well in a long time.
  • abfit4life
    abfit4life Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Okay I'm sold...cream of tartar is on the shopping list tomorrow. I have got to try this Oopsie bread....
  • addictedtobubbles
    Options
    Okay I'm sold...cream of tartar is on the shopping list tomorrow. I have got to try this Oopsie bread....

Let us know how it goes! My first try at oopsie bread was epic fail. :(