Legs

Options
TriciaZ944
TriciaZ944 Posts: 317 Member
Hi! This summer I am in my brothers wedding and my dress is going to be short. I feel like my legs need some defining... Does anyone have any good leg routines? I feel like I'm in a rut with my leg work. :grumble:

Replies

• raineraven78
    raineraven78 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love walking lunges with five to eight pound weights in each hand. I feel it in my hamstrings, quads, calves and glutes!
  • irridia
    irridia Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    squat heavy weights. run stairs, but not on the same day. oh and deadlifts too. again not on the same day.
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    You can definitely do several leg workouts on the same day. Work your legs to the max!

There are tons and tons of lower body workouts, squats, plie squats, split squats, deadlifts, lunges, straight leg deadlift...

Heavy weights will always be your friend, but if you don't have access to them, check out some plyometric workouts like jump squats, tucks, scissors or sprints.

Check out bodybuilding.com, they show you tons of exercises for a variety of bodyparts. Once you click on one, you can then sort by what type (plyo, strength, cardio...)

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/
  • TriciaZ944
    Options
    Thank you! Right now I'm doing insanity so I'm doing a lot of plyo but plan to hit the weights again.
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Weights. Compound movements are going to be the BEST for legs:

Squats
    Deadlifts
    Lunges

Other good exercises include:

Leg press
    Leg curls
    Hack squats
    Sumo squats
    Box jumps
    Hip adductors/abductors
    Extensions

And as far as doing them on the same day, there isn't anything wrong with it. My leg days always involve lunges, squats and deadlifts and then incorporate some isolation moves and plyo moves. Makes for a killer workout.
  • TriciaZ944
    Options
    Thank you!