What has been the hardest thing you "gave up" since low carb

Options
RonneyKay
RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
Just wondering what everyones "guilty pleasure" is/was prior to starting Low Carb? So far I am good, but I was at a dinner the other night and there was Cheesecake, I didn't eat any, and that alone is a HUGE nsv for me! haha... so just wondering if anyone else misses anything? or what do you splurge on every once in a while?

I know I will be able to eat Cheesecake again, I just don't think right now (just starting low carb) is a good time to have it LOL because 1 piece wouldn't be enough at this point.

Replies

• agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    bread is always the toughest for me.
  • krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Potatoes.
  • SeattleGrl
    SeattleGrl Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Ice cream
  • bmonahan115
    bmonahan115 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    potatoes..like sooo effin' hard it ridiculous..i can't even cook them without dyyying to have a bite and i'm a chef at work and the only cook for my family who doesn't eat low-carb...
  • jparzi
    jparzi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Fresh french bread smothered with butter :(. That and a glass of wine- heaven.
  • MoneySavingLisa
    Options
    I do love me some cheesecake, but I know I can make it low carb. The hardest would be pizza. I just love pizza and can seriously eat it at any meal.
  • ctrilk
    ctrilk Posts: 12
    Options
    Potatoes, noodles, and wine. :( I would kill for some pad thai!!
  • sansouchi1050
    Options
    white rice
  • Chicagolopez
    Chicagolopez Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Pizza kills me. I love that stuff and if I am not careful I eat pizza every day.
  • bugtrain
    bugtrain Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    CHOCOLATE!!!!
  • CharlieLopez2005
    Options
    Pizza kills me. I love that stuff and if I am not careful I eat pizza every day.

I would recommend looking up different recipes for "meatza."
  • CharlieLopez2005
    Options
    It's been movie theater popcorn (the kind drenched in soybean oil butter topping)--terrible in terms of both carbs and fake, industrial oils. But I've recently discovered that pork cracklins (Mac's brand), seasoned with cheese or butter salt, has been an excellent no-carb substitute. If I flavor it with some hot and spicy sauce instead, I can get fuller quicker because I'm also drinking more water whenever I go out to a movie theater. It has a firm, crisp texture, but it's not jawbreaker-hard.

When I started out, I thought Dorritos would be my low-carb kryptonite, but I honestly haven't missed it in the last 14 months, despite eating it almost every day for several years.
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Cake (in particular cupcakes with cream cheese frosting- red velvet)

Pasta & gnocchi..... which is what got me into this mess in the first place!!!
  • Chood5
    Chood5 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Cereal!
  • dlj1970
    dlj1970 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Just starting a new low GI (essential low carb) program and trying to clean the tempting things out of my house. I think the most difficult thing will be yummy, seedy, whole wheat bread and wine. Love them both, but as one poster said: it's because of them, I got into this mess: ) Wish me luck!
  • carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Dessert in general for me - I am NOT a bread/rice/pasta/potatoes person (unless the bread is homemade and still warm). BUT I love me some chocolate with chocolate alongside some more chocolate with hot fudge on top. And fruit pies.
  • rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Being a Southern Girl I definitely miss all the breadie things, but since I can't eat wheat (I've developed an allergy to it) it's getting easier.

I'm finding some good substitutions using almond and coconut flours, but sometimes they're just not the same!! I try to stay away from soy because I have very high estrogen levels and my doctor said I need to keep soy to a bare minimum.

Anita
  • chx4more
    chx4more Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I like to have something sweet after supper. For the other meals it doesn't bother me but after supper i crave something sweet. Today I fell off the wagon and had a few allsorts. Bad girl.
  • Cracklinrose5
    Cracklinrose5 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just wondering what everyones "guilty pleasure" is/was prior to starting Low Carb? So far I am good, but I was at a dinner the other night and there was Cheesecake, I didn't eat any, and that alone is a HUGE nsv for me! haha... so just wondering if anyone else misses anything? or what do you splurge on every once in a while?

I know I will be able to eat Cheesecake again, I just don't think right now (just starting low carb) is a good time to have it LOL because 1 piece wouldn't be enough at this point.

Lots of versions of low carb crustless cheesecake out there....search for genaw dot com and she has tons of LC recipes :)
  • Cracklinrose5
    Cracklinrose5 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    bread is always the toughest for me.

Do a search for panini oopsie bread on food network or check out the MIM thread and adjust the recipe, make it in a sandwhich container and slice in 1/2 for a bread sandwhich