why?

Options
sarah307
sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
Alright... To fix our binge habits, we need to get down to the real issues.

Whenever you put that dreaded "B" on the spreadsheet... what were you thinking BEFORE the binge? what did you feel like? stressed? sad? angry? bored? out of habit??

I'll start...

tonight for me -
It was sad, alone, and can't sleep...

Replies

• Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,024 Member
    Options
    The last few days for me. Stress, mostly.
    Sadness...
  • brindlechewy
    brindlechewy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Depression seems to push me to overeat. Eating right and getting exercise is sometimes difficult because it feels like I'll never get the results I want. When I get into this way of thinking, I don't care how much or how badly I eat. I'll actually shovel food into my mouth out of spite because I feel like, if I'll never look good, I might as well make a pig of myself. :explode:
  • gorgeouss9
    Options
    I haven't binged yet, but when I have in the past, It's normally because of boredom. If i'm sad, I dont eat (in the winter, but in the summer i do). :ohwell:

Also, my binge days are normally Fridays and Saturdays.. sometimes Sundays. I think a part of me thinks "weekend = i can eat w/o feeling guilty".. which is soo wrong :angry:
  • GeorginaMcKee
    GeorginaMcKee Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I think this is a great thread! the 'why' is always the most important part, at least for me. willpower has little to do with it most of the time, its something deeper that make me want to eat everything infront of me, or starve myself. i have been keeping a daily journal for myself about how i feel each day about food, that helps a lot. I think sharing our daily stuff (as we find appropriate) is a great tool, hearing what others are feeling great/bad about on any given day can help us learn too! thanks for sharing everyone!!
  • emmiee921
    emmiee921 Posts: 224
    Options
    normally bored, lazy don't wanna go out just have a tendency to eat. but if i start my day with a good breakfast then go out of the house i should be alright.
    i don't eat much when I'm sad.
  • Evelyn_22
    Evelyn_22 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    This last week it's been just hunger. Going for one thing eating ten things. I don't have to much stress right now, not sad, angry, lonely or anything like that. I just really wanted the taste and texture of certain foods.
  • sailingsal
    sailingsal Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    This weeks binges have been due to extreme stress, as an attempt at comfort to feel better. Ok thats what the thought is before. After i just feel terrible and guilty.
  • 1derfuldia
    1derfuldia Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just feel hungry and some foods are so good, I just want more and more. This happened last night with quesadillas. Cheese is a big problem for me.
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,149 Member
    Options
    My binge behavior seems to be coming back, to cope with job stress maybe? I teach. I have a good group, but sometimes things just come at you all at once, and you go a little crazy. My personal time is never mine until the school year is over. Always something to plan or papers to check or SOMETHING! I guess I think I'm treating myself, telling myself I deserve it. When I eat normally, I recognize I feel much more energetic and ready to deal with the tasks. But logic is short-circuited when I go into my binge zone....Aaaaghhh. Trying to pick myself up from a very poor day yesterday. Going to challenge myself to keep binge free until at least EASTER!!!!
  • sencorra
    Options
    For me most of my binges come from needing to replace...SOMETHING. I wont go into the details in this thread, but I've mostly gotten over that, Now it's the habit trying to get out of me. I want to relax at the end of the day, and eat a bag of chips while watching some shows. Normally I keep chips, cookies, and other things like that out of the house, but the family wanted me to bake some cookies. I had an 8 cookie binge! Which is actually not bad at all compared to a few years ago. I would have eaten 24 easily and maybe stuffed down a few more. Darn habits. And I'm probably replacing sex with food. I've been away from my husband for over a month and gained 12lbs before I realized it.