5K Run

Options
Ok so I was talked into doing a 5K Run in March. First of all I am not a runner, but a 5K is 3.1 miles. I think it is doable. I have started training, just doing a light jog and I have to walk alittle but doing a 5K has always been on my mind wondering if I could possibly do it. Well I am going to try, challenge myself, even if I have to walk part of the way, I will be able to check it off my bucket list. Sooooooooooo if anyone would like to take the challenge with me that would be awsome. I do know some girls that are doing the run but they are experienced. So it would be cool if I could recruite a new crew such as my zumba family. The run is in Wausau and it starts and finishes at Bull Fall Brewrey. I will have more details later when I get them. Would love to have a running/jogging partner or partners. Give it some thought and if you are interested let me know.
Jody

Replies

• kkershaw5
    Options
    Will consider, not a runner either. What is the date and time? Do you need to get pledges?
  • jodygehrke
    jodygehrke Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i will let you know, I dont think you have to get pledges and I am not a runner either, but I really want to try it. Details will follow! Glad you are going to consider it.:flowerforyou:
  • rmwinters
    rmwinters Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Will you bring a fire extinguisher in case I start a fire by my thighs rubbing together? LOL!
    Not a runner, but is this for a charity? Do you have any suggestions on the training prior to the 5k?
  • jodygehrke
    jodygehrke Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well I have alittle more information on the 5K run. The name of the run is Bulls Falls Brewery Honor Flight 5K Run/Walk. The money is donated to the Honor Flight for the Veterans to go see the memorial, so that is a really cool cause. The date is March 24th starting at noon. The fee is $25.00 for registration and you receive a shirt and (2) beer tickets. This event is not a timed event it is only for fun. The registration is not out yet but I will let you all know when it comes available.

Crack me up about the fire between your thighs, that is a funny one, I have yet started a fire so Im thinking you are good and that it wont happen...lol.

I have heard that there alot of people that will do this and not run or they do a light jog and then walk, so anyone could really par-take in this. As far as my training I have been just doing a very slow jog until I cant go anymore then I walk. Plus I do zumba so that helps me with my energy level and breathing. If ever you would like to come to one of my classes just let me know, it is great fun and a huge workout! Anyone can do it!!!