Crushed Ice

Options
rileysowner
rileysowner Posts: 8,124 Member
I tried a protein fluff with crushed ice instead of semi-frozen fruit last night. It fluffed, but not as well as I get with the fruit. I was thinking maybe by using my blender to crush the ice I got the pieces too small so they melted to quick making things runnier rather than fluffier. So how do others crush their ice?

Replies

• MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I used a heavy freezer bag and a metal meat mallet. Mine fluffed nice, but as the ice melted, the fluff broke down quick in the bowl.

My best, thickest fluff to date has been with frozen pumpkin. that stuff was like real whipped cream.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,124 Member
    Options
    I want to try the pumpkin one, but all the pumpkin my wife has frozen is in big batches which she uses for feed for our rabbits or guinea pigs. Maybe I should buy a can a divide it up into the proper portions to freeze.

My best success is either with black berries or blueberries. Usually with them I get a fluff that is great. Just like whipped cream. I thought I would try the crushed ice because I can see times when I don't want to use fruit but have my flavour from other sources.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    pumpkin fluff! Awesome idea!

I'm lucky that my freezer has a crushed ice option. Don't know what I'd do otherwise.
  • stubsy1968
    stubsy1968 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I made a fluff on the w/end with 1 scoop Cookies & Cream Caesin, 1/2 cup skim milk and @ 5 ice cubes. Dropped the cubes into my Stickmaster Blender whole and just wizzed up for a few mins. Ended up with 2 1/2 cups of creamy fluff - nice! :love: