Gaining Weight During???

Options
MelissaWI
MelissaWI Posts: 133 Member
Ok I track my weight verrrrrrry carefully.. You can say I am a bit obsessed.. But needless to say I know my body VERY well!!! The only thing I have changed in my habits during the day is this workout.. I am on day 3... Well this morning I weighed in a pound heavier... and the only time I gain weight is right before my you know.... Monthly.. and that isn't due for another week and half... So I am wondering what the heck is going on here??? I weigh in the same time every day... And I have never seen the weight go up during my journey that I started 9 months ago... So does anyone know why this might be??? Thanks I am very discouraged. Even though it is just a pound... It's still not the best feeling when you been working your butt off for 3 days and see the scale go in the opposite direction.. Quite frustrating..

Replies

• determined1221
    determined1221 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 day shred once before and I didn't lose many pounds, but I lost a lot of inches. I'm not really sure how that works out. Hope someone can shed some light for you.
  • tamiesue2
    tamiesue2 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    From my understanding the 30DS involves strength training, so you are building muscle, muscle weighs more than body fat, so you may see an increase in actual pounds but a decrease in inches in the beginning.
  • MelissaWI
    Options
    So if someone needs to still lose a lot of weight should they wait until they have reached there weight loss goal before starting a program like this? Because I need to lose weight still..
  • tamiesue2
    tamiesue2 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    No, the muscle gain is better for you, your body will burn calories faster. Give it a day or two and you will notice the scale go back down. I know, I am a scale *kitten* too!!!
  • MelissaWI
    Options
    hahaha.. Great.. That is all I wanted to hear.. That it will still go down... Otherwise I was like ummm HELL NO!!! ;)
  • MelissaWI
    Options
    I don't want to look like this ... LOL

hulk-from-the-movie.jpg
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than Fat. Muscle however burns more calories at rest. Don't freak out. Your jeans will soon be loose and you'll be saying "Hellz yes!" (even if the scale seems to be a liar).
  • wonderwoman1974
    wonderwoman1974 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    No, the muscle gain is better for you, your body will burn calories faster. Give it a day or two and you will notice the scale go back down. I know, I am a scale *kitten* too!!!

Lmao @ scale *kitten*...that is me!! Love it!
  • fatgottago
    fatgottago Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day and I know I shouldn't, but I had lost like 9 pounds and today when I weighed I was up like 2 or 3!!!!! I was depressed, but I am going to keep on. I feel bloated today for some reason? Maybe too much sodium?
  • fatgottago
    fatgottago Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I will do Day 4 today. I am glad when I do it, but hate starting it!!! It kicks my butt
  • eve7166
    eve7166 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Muscles swell after a work out so its probably just that..in a few days when the swelling goes down you'll drop the weight again... dont really stress it... :)
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    This is my 2nd time doing the shred and I think its best if you throw the scale out the window and track inches lost. You will gain muscle but shed inches for sure.....I hate the scale whenever I do the shred because I wish it would go down but it never did! but I was happy with the results. But now after christmas I gained most of it back! dang it!
  • Naybelline
    Naybelline Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Yeah I gained 2lbs since doing this, I know it'll come off though :D
  • luvs_choc8
    luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I did day 5 yesterday after a 2 day break and I am really sore again. Weighed myself this morning on a scale that says Lo battery and it is up 1.8 lbs. I also measured and there is no change in that. I am just finishing TOM so I am hoping the weight gain has something to do with that. I am going to stick with the shred and hopefully things will change. Good luck to everybody.
  • ladybb7
    ladybb7 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I haven't been trying to pay much attention to the scale. I'm listening to my body and how it feels... I feels so much better than I did a two weeks ago, not tracking calories and not exercising. I am really trying to see this as a lifestyle and not worry about the weight so much. I know it will all work out in the end :)