Am I eating enough?

Options

Replies

• airplanes00
    airplanes00 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I also would love to get access to this excel sheet. Does anyone have on they could share?

Thanks -
  • emgawne
    emgawne Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I also would love to get access to this excel sheet. Does anyone have on they could share?

Thanks -

i would love access to the spreadsheet too!! :)
  • crystal8208
    crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Me too!!
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am new here. My book should be here by friday and I would also like to access the spread sheet.
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Send me an emaill address by private message and i'll send you my (clean) copy. It's soooo useful!
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    You don't need the spreadsheet to do the calculations, they give you the exact equations in the book. It's not hard. I've also posted the calculations here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/538943-how-to-calculate-calorie-goals-according-to-nrolfw
  • Tina180130
    Tina180130 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    BUMP:smile:
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    So weird.... I have lost weight successfully in the past, but I am older now, and my body seems to enjoy all this extra fluff. Before starting NROL4W, MFP set my goal at 1460 (supposedly a 500 calorie deficit). I lost a few lbs, but REALLY slowly.

I switched to NR about 3 weeks ago. According to the calcuations in the book, if I need to shed pounds, I should eat 1402 on non-exercise days (which they claim is only 300 calorie deficit?) and 1692 on workout days. This is what I am doing, and now I'm losing nothing.

According to scooby, I should be at 2055 to maintain, and 1644 is a 20% deficit. Fat2Fit gives similar #'s. This is a BIG difference.

My scale isn't very reliable these days, as I tend to retain quite a bit of water after lifting. What would you do if you were in my shoes? I have a lot of weight to lose just to get out of the obese range, and every week that I am stuck is another unhealthy week for my body...
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    The link worked for me and i didn't even need a password.

I recommend trying again. i just downloaded it about 5 mins back.

I have been eating at TDEE -15% for 3 months... regardless of exercise..

Maybe i'll try this method - although it seems harder to monitor a different number to eat on each day.. i'll give it a try and see if it works for me. Its handy to have the calculator.
  • yecatsml
    yecatsml Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded the spreadsheet also with no password needed. The book should be arriving today so I am excited to start. I've been eating TDEE for a week now to reset and plan to do a cut after 2 weeks. Per the spreadsheet the loss amount is about 250 calories less than my calculations of TDEE -20%. I had my body fat tested so I tend to believe that result more than a BMI result. Thoughts?

5'4.5"
    CW 148 lb
    BF 23.5%
    RMR 1425
    TDEE 2166 (low active)
    -20% = 1700 cal/day for loss
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    So weird.... I have lost weight successfully in the past, but I am older now, and my body seems to enjoy all this extra fluff. Before starting NROL4W, MFP set my goal at 1460 (supposedly a 500 calorie deficit). I lost a few lbs, but REALLY slowly.

I switched to NR about 3 weeks ago. According to the calcuations in the book, if I need to shed pounds, I should eat 1402 on non-exercise days (which they claim is only 300 calorie deficit?) and 1692 on workout days. This is what I am doing, and now I'm losing nothing.

According to scooby, I should be at 2055 to maintain, and 1644 is a 20% deficit. Fat2Fit gives similar #'s. This is a BIG difference.

My scale isn't very reliable these days, as I tend to retain quite a bit of water after lifting. What would you do if you were in my shoes? I have a lot of weight to lose just to get out of the obese range, and every week that I am stuck is another unhealthy week for my body...
    The first month I worked out, I gained 6 pounds. I almost stopped and went back to just cardio...but I stuck with it, and the second month I lost 5 pounds. So I assume in 2 months I gained 1 pound of muscle. I'm okay with that because all of my lower body measurements went down. My MFP calories are set at 1450, but I try to stay between 1800 and 2000 on exercise days. I eat back my cardio calories, and have an extra protein shake on my lifting days.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KatieFaye03
    KatieFaye03 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Below is a link for spreadsheet (you may have seen it) that uses the NROL nutrition recommendations to figure out your calorie needs. How close to this is your 1400 calories?? Maybe 1400 is not enough with all that you do.....keep in mind, you do not eat your exercise calories back when following this.

http://maggiewang.com/2008/05/20/new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-diet-calculator-and-workout-logs

login: perturbation
    pwd: dominance

Thank you for posting the spreadsheet. I've been trying to figure out my fat intake for the past 2 days!!!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I think maybe you need to eat a bit more and hang in another week or two. I am almost the exact same size and activity level, etc as you and I'm eating more and losing.I'm 5'4", 145 lbs, and starting week 3 of NROLW, on my off days I dance, usually around a total of 7 hrs a week. I think from your pics you are much younger than me and probably have lower body fat too, so I suspect you'd need to eat more than me. I started out at 1240 and was losing slowly to finally not at all. Then I started eating TDEE -20% (1530 cals) and lost *nothing* for the first 3-4 weeks, then started losing gradually- about 5-6 lbs in 8 weeks. I say gradual, but this is better than my weight loss on 1200 cals was! It seems the same now that I've incorporated the weights. So I think your plateau is probably a combination of starting weights and retaining water plus your body adjusting to the new caloric intake. Anyway, just want to say you are already gorgeous and I think it will happen, so just hang in there!
  • jillybean_75
    jillybean_75 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have been doing NROL4W for 2 weeks now (just finished A3 Stage1 last night). Anyway, would someone care to look at my diary and see if I am eating enough? I get to about 1600-1800 a day, some days more, some days less, but average around there. I have the spreadsheet and my BMI > 25 and I am over 35 with quite a bit of weight to lose. I do NROL4W 3x a week, with just a short cardio warm up, and I do 30-45 minutes of cardio (elliptical/run/walk) on my non-lifting days, burning anywhere from 300 to 400 calories. I don't do anything on Sundays.

Thanks in advance for any input. I just want to make sure I am doing this right. Even though I am only in the first couple of weeks, scale went back up a few pounds and clothes aren't really any looser yet. I know I need patience, but I want to make sure I am doing it right and understanding what I need to do correctly.

***EDIT*** Oh I forgot to mention I am 65 inches, 37 years, 224 currently. For fat loss (according to spreadsheet) it says I should have 1531 calories (no workout) and 1836 (active workout) and 2141 (strenuous work and workout). But do I consider what my workout is an "Active Workout"? I have a sedentary (desk) job. I try to stay close to 40 carb/30 fat/30 protein ratio as well. **END EDIT***
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    hey ladies, I seriously recommend this calculator for working out TDEE:

http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/

If you are trying to loose fat I seriously recommend TDEE -20%
    If you are more or less happy go for recomp
    And if you want to gain muscle then look a the bulks

You don't have to cycle calories for weight loss, just choose -20% TDEE everyday or you can choose to eat mor on lifting days and less on others.

Remember that TDEE means you don't eat your exercise cals as well as they are already accounted for!! :happy:
  • natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I like this calculator! Thanks for the tip.
  • martinbeks
    martinbeks Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Bump