HRM?

Options
Kelly_1981
Kelly_1981 Posts: 472 Member
Hi All :love: Just want to say well done everyone who has stuck to this, I am proud of all of you (and myself) but we are doing GREAT!

Anyway my question is I want to buy a HRM what ones do you have? What do you reccomend?

Thanks

Replies

• chicatita
    chicatita Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hi Kelly! I'm not an expert when it comes to HRMs, but I just purchased a Polar FT4 last Saturday. It's about $80. So far I like it. It tells you how many minutes you're in your 'zone' and the calories burned after the workout. Very simple for beginners. Most HRM reviewers suggested that you do NOT spend less than $40 on hrm. Here's a link that someone posted on another message board: http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/

Hope this is helpful, and hey in 30 days you'll be shredded;-) lol
  • iishnova
    iishnova Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I have an additional question! For those of you using an HRM during the 30DS, how many calories does it say you burn?
  • chicatita
    chicatita Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I burn about 300 calories/Level 2.
  • brooksaceb
    brooksaceb Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm female, age 24, 5'2 and 155.

I did it in December and i tracked all of the calories.
    Consistently on level one i burned between 185 to 195
    Level 2 was 220 to 240, depending on how hard i pushed through the cardio
    Level three was 200 to 220. I don't know how level three dropped off but thats what the hrm said.

and i recommend a polar, i have the ft7 has been great for the last 4 months, even when swimming.
  • Kelly_1981
    Kelly_1981 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Thank you all x
  • Kelblue1
    Kelblue1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have a MIO Petite. I have compared to Polar and the readings were the same. And I didn't want to spend alot of money on one. Since it's only used a couple hours a day. I bought it at Academy Sports for $44.99. It is very user friendly too! has a clock, goal screen, tells your heart rate and range once heart rate is recorded then tells calories burned. Then switches back to your timer. I definately recommend.
  • Lupiemomma30
    Lupiemomma30 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7
  • CaboScotty
    CaboScotty Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 and it works great.
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I have a body media Fit armband that records all day including sleep habits similar to the bodybugg the Biggest Looser Show uses. Ive had it nearly a year now and love the data I get from it on total daily calories burned and consumed and my deficit. I find sleep habits really play a role in my high calorie days. If I did not sleep well I am more likely to binge and go over for the day. I also have the bluetooth model so I can check data through out the day on my smartphone, and can do workouts and use it like a HRM for calories burned durring workouts, although it isn't figuring calories based on HR, they have just started a beta test for adding HRM with Garmin units to add this type of data to the workouts.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: My BODYMEDIA FIT