Xanthan Gum

Options
rileysowner
rileysowner Posts: 8,123 Member
I went to look and see if I could find this in the town I live in. Not many options as to where to look as we have two grocery stores, but no bulk food stores or speciality stores that might carry it. Sure enough, no success. Where do others find it? I will have a look in London ON when I get there later this week, but I was hoping to get some today.

Replies

• JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    you can order it online?
  • rileysowner
    Options
    Yes, online is an option. Lots of suppliers on e-bay. I was hoping to pick up some locally so I don't have to wait for it to be shipped to me.
  • stubsy1968
    stubsy1968 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I got mine from our local health food shop here in Brisbane, Australia. Was only @ $7 for a small packet. Have u tried your local health food store?
  • rileysowner
    Options
    I got mine from our local health food shop here in Brisbane, Australia. Was only @ $7 for a small packet. Have u tried your local health food store?

Our town doesn't have a health food store. I would have to make a trip into the city for that. I have some on order from an online supplier who I purchase other bulk foods from. Usually they get stuff here pretty quick. I will probably have it by Monday or Tuesday.
  • Training2Tri
    Training2Tri Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I bought little individual Xanthan Gum packets that were 1/2 tsp each. They are sold individually in cute little packets, the price was $0.69 each. I didn't want to buy the 1 lb Bob's Xanthan Gum ($15.99) because I didn't know if I would like the Fluff Stuff.

Turns out my fluff is a bit off on the texture (I think it has to do with my Whey Protein Powder) and the fact that I forgot to add Splenda. Its super SUPER fluffy and I only used 1/2 tsp (or 1 cute little packet).