A wonderful thing to hear..

Options
Tonight my 4 year old daughter came up to me, hugged me, and said, "I'm so glad you don't smoke anymore Mommy!" Makes all the hard times and weight gain SO worth it! :smile:

I've been smoke free for two months on the 24th. I managed to gain 9lbs in a month while trying to figure out how to control my ferocious appetite. I'm on week three of being back on track with my weight loss goals and I feel great. I'm so glad I finally quit making excuses and quit! For those thinking about quitting, I encourage you to give it all you have. It's so worth it in many ways!

Replies

• vodkaswigger
    Options
    Im on day 12, this is my 3rd attempt so im hoping i can do it.
    My 6 year old is the same way, proud and saying " your lungs wont be black now", i think we owe it to our kids to try and quit for good,
    Good luck, you seem to be doing great xxx
  • dmarie1181
    Options
    That is wonderful! One of my main motivation for quitting is my kids. My 3 year old got to the point where she would say things like if I was running to the gas station she would say "are you going to get cigarettes" or if I told her I was stepping outside for a minute she would say "are you going to smoke". Then recently she said "I can't smoke cause I'm little, I have to wait till I grow up" and then I had to explain to her that she would NEVER smoke! I just can't stand to hear her say the word cigarette or talk about smoking! I never want my girls to smoke, I know if I continue on smoking the possibility of them becoming smokers go way up. You ladies are doing awesome! This is my first day quitting and I'm doing ok so far.
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! One of my main motivation for quitting is my kids. My 3 year old got to the point where she would say things like if I was running to the gas station she would say "are you going to get cigarettes" or if I told her I was stepping outside for a minute she would say "are you going to smoke". Then recently she said "I can't smoke cause I'm little, I have to wait till I grow up" and then I had to explain to her that she would NEVER smoke! I just can't stand to hear her say the word cigarette or talk about smoking! I never want my girls to smoke, I know if I continue on smoking the possibility of them becoming smokers go way up. You ladies are doing awesome! This is my first day quitting and I'm doing ok so far.

Good for you! What killed me was when I'd come back in from outside she'd be pretend smoking on a straw! She didn't understand how bad it was, so it really is best to say goodbye forever. Good luck, it gets easier!
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Im on day 12, this is my 3rd attempt so im hoping i can do it.
    My 6 year old is the same way, proud and saying " your lungs wont be black now", i think we owe it to our kids to try and quit for good,
    Good luck, you seem to be doing great xxx

Thank you, as do you :smile:
  • dmarie1181
    Options
    Good for you! What killed me was when I'd come back in from outside she'd be pretend smoking on a straw! She didn't understand how bad it was, so it really is best to say goodbye forever. Good luck, it gets easier!

Yep, Kate's done that before :frown: And yes it is!