New to goup....and GB scheduled for April....xoxo

Options
Hello everyone,
I am 25 years old and I am new to this awesome site. I have my GB scheduled for the end of April, and I dont have many people who I know that have done the same. I am looking to find people who are on every step, and looking for some freinds to make. I live in Hartford, WI, for six months now with my boyfriend in our old (very old 1910) home.
XOXO,
Lisa

Replies

• sassyitalian3545
    Options
    Welcome...

I had my GB Jan 19, 2011 and to date I have lost 114#, I will be here if you need to talk, vent, cry or whatever I can do to help...

VR
    Tammie
  • Lisa4030
    Options
    Thanks Tammie,
    I am so happy to find people that understand the path I am choosing. I am sooo excited and crazy nervous at the same time.....lol.
  • risskie
    risskie Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Welcome Lisa and Tammie,
    So glad you are here, you have experiences, ideas and enthusiasm to share. Personally, I am very happy you both are here. My bypass is this coming Monday (1/16). Talk about nervous enthusiasm.... I've been waiting so long for this. Should have completed this process years ago. I guess I wasn't ready, but I'm ready now and counting down the days. I know I will have so many questions when I get home. That is the one part of this process I'm don't think I'm ready for. It's such an individual thing. I've read so many different responses to how people came through recovery, home and back to eating, I can't predict. I guess I'll just take it one hour at a time.
    In any case, WELCOME again, please share frequently :flowerforyou:
    Christine
  • skatermom503
    Options
    Welcome to the group and to your new life. You will get a lot of support on this site and you can ask anybody anything.
    Good luck!

And to Christine, it seems unreal, doesn't it, that you are just hours away from getting this done? Best of luck!
  • cjthumper
    cjthumper Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I had my surgery on 12/13, and have only had a couple of issues, which are all normal. The one thing I can suggest is to continue to be positive and enthusiastic about the choice you have made. There will be things you learn along the way in terms of eating and drinking. The surgery is a tool, it is not magic. I know I am only 5 weeks into the journey, but I haven't looked back yet. Congrats!

Cindy
  • cjthumper
    Options
    Welcome Lisa and Tammie,
    So glad you are here, you have experiences, ideas and enthusiasm to share. Personally, I am very happy you both are here. My bypass is this coming Monday (1/16). Talk about nervous enthusiasm.... I've been waiting so long for this. Should have completed this process years ago. I guess I wasn't ready, but I'm ready now and counting down the days. I know I will have so many questions when I get home. That is the one part of this process I'm don't think I'm ready for. It's such an individual thing. I've read so many different responses to how people came through recovery, home and back to eating, I can't predict. I guess I'll just take it one hour at a time.
    In any case, WELCOME again, please share frequently :flowerforyou:
    Christine
  • cjthumper
    Options
    Sorry for the tech issues - I was trying to reply to Christine only and say I am thinking of you today as you go through your surgery, I look forward to hearing from you when you return. All the best and welcome to your new life!

Cindy