day 9 and I'm about to slip

mnishi
mnishi Posts: 419 Member
edited October 7 in Social Groups
Someone please remind me why I want to quit. I can't think of any right now and I want a smoke sooooooo bad.

Replies

• Shishkeberry
    Shishkeberry Posts: 95 Member
    Smoking doesn't solve anything. It doesn't make life any easier. The stressful situation you may be in will still be there once the cigarette is gone and the poison is in your lungs! I hope you managed to hold onto your quit!

I don't know about you but I want to quit so that I can be a runner and live each day to the best of my physical ability. I don't want to die young of a heart attack or cancer. I don't want to smell like crap any more and I don't want to set a bad example to both my children and the children of others.
  • ConkreteChic
    ConkreteChic Posts: 72 Member
    You made it to day nine!!! That's HUGE! don't throw it away! This is probably the hardest time you are going to have to face - just remember that. You're over the first couple of days where you're excited about your decision, but you still might not yet be feeling the amazing effects that quitting will have on your exercising, breathing, everyday living, etc...

There is so much good ahead of you if you can just hold on!

One of the things I did when I was starting out was to go to bed a lot earlier - it was just fewer hours I had to deal with the cravings. Lollipops and funny, mindless TV shows also helped :) Just give yourself a break from some responsibilities - if you can - and take care of yourself. Just think - in a few days it WILL get easier and you will be so happy you didn't go back.

We know where you're at - I promise we've all felt that feeling (or we wouldn't HAVE to quit :)) We support you! Don't go back! :)

Good luck and keep us updated!
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 419 Member
    I made it through!!! And now I'm in a much better place. Thanks for the support.
  • ConkreteChic
    ConkreteChic Posts: 72 Member
    Yay, yay, yay!!! I'm so proud of you :) I saw your blog today too, and I'm really inspired by you - and thanks for the add! You and I are in a very similar place so it will be fun to follow and support each other. Every time you really want to smoke and you get through it, you will have that strength to draw on - you will be able to look back and remember that you CAN get through it and it will deliver you to a better place when you do.

I'm rooting for you for your 8K!
  • Shishkeberry
    Shishkeberry Posts: 95 Member
    I made it through!!! And now I'm in a much better place. Thanks for the support.

Yay!
This discussion has been closed.