New to Group

Options
HI, I'm mscookie71 from Dallas, Texas. 40, single mom and I have to do this for my son as well as myself. Have had one knee replacement and don't want another. At this point I haven't seen 1 anything in over 20 years. My first goal is 199 :-) and I will get there. Would love the support?

Thanks.

Replies

• mimi10453
    mimi10453 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Heeeey Lady! I sent you a request! You can do it : )
  • itsmskimmichelle
    itsmskimmichelle Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm here for you! Add me!
  • rizzyvoe
    rizzyvoe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, new to MFP and would love to make lots of new friends! I'm 33, live in Florida and am looking forward to shedding over 100lbs by the grace of God! 2012 and beyond....
  • shewanna
    shewanna Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladys! I'm new to the group and I'm looking forward to meeting some cool supportive people I have been using the lose it app for sometime but I see now that this is where everyone is at so I decided to give my fitness pal a shot and they have the calorie count of everything so I definately think this will be better for me..right my short term goal is to lose 8 pounds and then I will set more goals
  • trishdrake
    Options
    Hey Ladies, Im new to the group looking for support as I work on losing 50lbs!!! Im doing this for me and fashion. Knee problems run in my family so Im def trying to prevent that, and Im also a fashionista and I want to be able to fit into the hottest couture. Im hoping we can support each other so feel free to add me.
  • rochiero
    Options
    I believe its awesome that you are doing this for yourself and your son, I myself feel the need to step my game up to keep up with my 8 year old daughter who is running circles around me. I also feel you on the health side of things. While I havent had a joint replacement I am a nurse and have first hand seen the surgery done and know the hard road back from that. I am in fear of diabetes which has tackled several member of my family and want to avoid it. Good luck to you .
  • rochiero
    Options
    Hello. Im with you on this weight loss journey. I am hoping to drop 25 lbs and improve my overall fitness. I hope to hear back from you and hope you success. Please feel free to add me if you'd like:)
  • charlene_K
    charlene_K Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey Girls, I am from Canada and just joined this group. Looking forward to a lot of interaction on my quest to lose over 25 lbs. It is time for me to take control of my body and my health. I have put this off for far too long and I am no longer in my 20's when losing weight was easy. Now I have to work hard at it. Glad to have found this group.
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Hello Mrs.Cookie!!