24 Members?

Options
KarenBorter
KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
We have 24 members in this group but it seems as if only a few of us are actually working out or at least vocal about the workouts.

It's much easier to stick to something while doing it with a group of dedicated folks. For those of you not posting, did you give up on doing P90X2? or are you just not wanting to provide feedback on your experiences.

We're here to help if you're struggling and we're here to cheer you on in your success!

Replies

• murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Way to go Karen! BTW week two is feeling a bit easier then week 1. I'm thinking that it's because i know what coming this time around. I was thinking before I started to do 4 weeks. I'm thinking 3 now and move to Phase 2 for 5 weeks or so. I'm missing the heavy lifting a bit.

thoughts?
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    My core and balance sucks so I am going to evaluate at the end of next week and see where I am in those areas. I am still super shaky on the stability ball moves and I want to be able to be as strong as I can moving into phase 2 but I don't want to burn out on Phase 1. I won't do that phase for more then 4 weeks though but I am thinking along your lines of staying in Phase 2 for 5 weeks as well.

I won't be doing a "rest week" between phases choosing to just add more foam rolling into my "after workout" routine. Drink the results / recovery formula as I am foam rolling out my legs which seem to be my weak point (or tight point as the case may be).
  • bmhatcher
    bmhatcher Posts: 105
    Options
    I am feeling the same for staying in Phase I. While I feel like this week is going much better than last week, I may do 4 weeks to ensure I have 3 "Good Weeks" of training. I plan on doing the recovery week, but i think i will throw some running in there.

I've noticed that on the days after I work out I do not have the concentrated areas of soreness like I did from the Original P90X (arms, legs, etc.)...Instead it's just a good overall feeling of soreness! i hope that makes sense.

I must say that i like the order of these workouts. The last routines, I was so incredibly sore by the time I got to Legs and Back, that I had such a hard time trying to complete all the routines ther.
  • ecp2698
    ecp2698 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Well I have been posting all along, but I wanted to say that I think this week is going better than the last, and I will probably stay in it for another two weeks, I think. I have decent balance but I would like to work on my core a bit more. I don’t know if I will do a recovery week, though, depends how I feel. I will probably talk to my husband, too, to see what he thinks and try to stay on the same page.

I’m with Murf, I am missing heavier lifting too! I do feel like I am getting a great workout for my Core, though, and that it is making our runs on the weekend better!

I know what you mean about the overall soreness, too!
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Sorry im here just not posting much, will start posting here too!!!
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    GiGi and E ... I know you guys are doing it ;) And posting about it but as evidenced the same people who are active already in this forum are posting on this thread LOL ... that message wasn't for you guys ;)
  • CrimsonScotty
    CrimsonScotty Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Haha, i haven't been posting much here either, i'll try to do better, just don't hit me!! ;-)

I'm with you all on this week being better than last, i definitely feel like i'm getting more out of it, but i'm still missing the weights, though i don't know how much i could do right now anyway, i hurt my wrist 2 weeks ago and it still isn't 100%, i feel like my pullup & pushup #'s are decreasing every day since i haven't done 'em in forever!!
  • Rappla88
    Rappla88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I will try and post more!!! I also am planning on doing phase 1 for a total of 4 weeks. I am finally feeilng like i'm getting settled into the program and I also notice that I REALLY need to work on my core and my stability!

Also I'm not planning on taking a rest week. Mid-Feb. I'm going to FL to visit my parents (not much room in their little house) so I'm planning my "rest" week for then. I'm going to take some things with me (see what i can fit in my suitcase!) and also plan in a few runs the week I'm there.

Anyway - I will try and post a bit more when I can!! :smile: