We're Only as Good as Our Activity

Options
Hey everyone -

C'mon guys, let's start some chatter on this group.

I see a bunch of groups around, but when I look at their activity (discussion), it's been anywhere from two weeks to longer, where someone's posted. I really want everyone in our group to be successful so, post questions, post experiences or anything fun!

katie:tongue:

Replies

• JVanDam77
    JVanDam77 Posts: 130
    Options
    HI!

I have found it hard to find people that are motivated &/or STAY that way. :(
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I think there's good intention on this site, but people eventually may wain off simply because of daily life.

It's hard, but I'm excited to have found this site (by accident), so I'm trying to make the most of it.

Accountability is a big enforcer to stay on track, so I'm trying to log my meals and exercise activity (or lack there of), so I can see just what the heck I'm doing.

I appreciate your excitement and involvement !!! Makes me think I'm not as much a nutter being here blabbing all over the board.

katie
  • JessyeS
    JessyeS Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am always the fattest friend so whenever I try and work out with my mates, after about three days of vigorous excercise they're like "Nah screw it" and are back to eating McDonalds cos they "aren't thatbig anyway". I need someone to PUSH me! I don't want to be fat forever I want to be fit and healthy I want to make my soon to be husbands jaw drop when he sees me on our wedding night ;)

Thanks for inviting me into this group, it's like you read my mind!
  • SherNY
    SherNY Posts: 87
    Options
    Hi guys! Ya know Glenlivet would have been an ok name too... :). How's everyone today?
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    Welcome both you guys!!!

Still trying to maintain and "fit" some exercise into the day somewhere...

Took my daughter to the doctor's today (minor virus) so my usual meal plan has been interrupted with really bad food. (She wanted french fries). 8-(

katie
  • Goingnuts2
    Goingnuts2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

My name is Kathy and I was just recently joined. I'm so excited to join this group and finding MFP friends who stick with it through the up's and down's!

I recently had surgery on my foot and was homebound for 2 months!!! Just went back to work Jan 2 , I was able to "squeeze" into a sneaker and start driving - freedom!!! I lost 10 lbs. while I was home, but gained 7 of it back - uh? How did that happen! I'll tell you how stress, emotional eating, not being able to work out, and dipping into the "drinkie poos" again.

Because it's been such a long road, I'm anxious to get back at it, but just recently realized I have to slow back down. I'm rushing my recovery too quickly and hurt my ankle in additional to the foot still healing. Oh, btw I had bunion surgery where they break your bone and put a plate and two screws in it. I have to have the other one done but will wait 2 years to fully recover.

I have an exercise ball, does anyone know of any exercises I can do with that which won't harm my foot? Any other suggestions? I've tried Yoga, but it doesn't agree with me.
  • rwd5046
    rwd5046 Posts: 302
    Options
    Hey, thanks for inviting me. Everybody stay the course and work hard. Boy, that's easier said than done. But we got skillzz's so we will get to our goals, eventually. More from me later. Everybody have a good evening.
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    So glad you're here Goingnuts2 !!!

Exercise ball, huh? Sorry to hear about your foot. I've seen in gyms, where instructors use the ball with light weights but you have to maintain your balance, which obviously is the key.

I had a co-worker who brought her ball into the office and had a stand underneath the ball for balance. I think she still got something out of sitting on it (plus it looked really neat among all the regular office chairs.)

Do you have a set of the stretchy bans that PT use with it?

katie
  • TheCloverFreak
    TheCloverFreak Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am one of those people who get discouraged and lose interest. But this time I am going to make it and stick with it! I know I will need help along the way and I am really excited about joining this group!

I want to help others reach their goals just as much as I want to reach mine! If i am not friends with you please add me!

I have a lot of stress in my life that causes me to eat when i'm upset. I really need good people around to help me through those times so I will be able to help them in return!

I can't wait to start seeing everyone get closer and closer to their goals!!
  • JessyeS
    JessyeS Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am one of those people who get discouraged and lose interest. But this time I am going to make it and stick with it! I know I will need help along the way and I am really excited about joining this group!

I want to help others reach their goals just as much as I want to reach mine! If i am not friends with you please add me!

I have a lot of stress in my life that causes me to eat when i'm upset. I really need good people around to help me through those times so I will be able to help them in return!

I can't wait to start seeing everyone get closer and closer to their goals!!

I totally gethow you feel, Im the kind of person that loses interest quite quickly! And I am a serious emotional eater. Which is a habit I am trying really hard to kick!
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    Welcome you guys!

Hoping all the new people from today, along with our faithful older members, will help make us the most active group on MFP !

Support each other by giving one another good ideas and inspiration and make time spent here worth it.

katie
  • Shellebell921
    Shellebell921 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

My name is Shelle and I am new to the community feature of MFP. I have been logging in my meals and exercise since Jan. 1 but it's hard doing it alone so I am happy to be here to give and receive support. While I am motivated to work out but I find it difficult to resist junk food and late night eating.. Mainly because my husband eats dinner at 10 pm, washes it down with a Pepsi, and tops it off with chocolate. We worked out together in the past and we both lost weight. These habits have developed over the past few months and Its detrimental to my progress so again it's nice to have outside support. I look forward to sharing advice and our weight loss successes..
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    im stephanie, im vegan, i have a hubby of 13 years(that our anniversary actually falls on super bowl sunday):sad: :laugh: a 3 year old, mommy to many fur babies, i work at whole foods market, and i have been on this site 380 days now. I have maintained my goal weight loss for 9 months now through determination, hard works and by a lot of great friends I have met through this site. Life has has lots of ups and downs, but I hope I can help and inspire people to know, that there are people that are serious about taking back their lives and letting nothing get in the way.:flowerforyou:
  • cuteness81104
    cuteness81104 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

My name is Kathy and I was just recently joined. I'm so excited to join this group and finding MFP friends who stick with it through the up's and down's!

I recently had surgery on my foot and was homebound for 2 months!!! Just went back to work Jan 2 , I was able to "squeeze" into a sneaker and start driving - freedom!!! I lost 10 lbs. while I was home, but gained 7 of it back - uh? How did that happen! I'll tell you how stress, emotional eating, not being able to work out, and dipping into the "drinkie poos" again.

Because it's been such a long road, I'm anxious to get back at it, but just recently realized I have to slow back down. I'm rushing my recovery too quickly and hurt my ankle in additional to the foot still healing. Oh, btw I had bunion surgery where they break your bone and put a plate and two screws in it. I have to have the other one done but will wait 2 years to fully recover.

I have an exercise ball, does anyone know of any exercises I can do with that which won't harm my foot? Any other suggestions? I've tried Yoga, but it doesn't agree with me.

there a several ab workouts that do not require a gym or your feet also weights and machines if you go to the gym if not try using soup cans as weights for a simple arm workout and if you have a patner sit back to back and pass a medicine ball around in a circle or maybe leg lifts sit on a chair and lifts simple not vigorous but you will build muscle and keep with working out
  • Goingnuts2
    Goingnuts2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Great ideas on the stretchy bands, weights and the medicine ball. Yes, I'm the one who has the workout items, use them a couple of time and then put it aside. I want to invest in the WII, everyone raves about it but will I use it consistently?

Today after work, I'll schedule a 15 min. upperbody workout (slow and easy). Thanks for giving me the boost!! I'm looking forward to it.

I froze my gym membership until March, so hopefully I'll start cardio then!
  • Bekzness
    Bekzness Posts: 122
    Options
    Hi all! I'm new to MFP and this group (thanks Katiebythebay for the invite) :)

Looking forward to helping motivate others and visa versa!

I'm pretty active on what ever online network I use to hoping to find the same here.

I have been logging my meals since 2010 on and off on other sites but was having to enter most foods manually as they were US based... MFP seems to have a more complete UK database which is awesome and means I can quickly enter my foods as they are already there :D So hoping MFP will help me actually reach my goals rather than seeming like a chore to enter them daily.

I started running in late 2010, it took me over a year of on and off running with a Couch To 5k program before I was able to complete the 5k but now I am able to run almost 10k. It was when I finally stuck to running that I started losing weight :) Anyone else had success from running? Saying that... I did my first run of 2012 yesterday and failed horribly, took a month off over December which I regret now :(

I also do Martial Arts... wondering if anyone else does too?

Anyway's, I looking forward to being an active part of this group and working towards us all being fitter in 2012 :)
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

My name is Shelle and I am new to the community feature of MFP. I have been logging in my meals and exercise since Jan. 1 but it's hard doing it alone so I am happy to be here to give and receive support. While I am motivated to work out but I find it difficult to resist junk food and late night eating.. Mainly because my husband eats dinner at 10 pm, washes it down with a Pepsi, and tops it off with chocolate. We worked out together in the past and we both lost weight. These habits have developed over the past few months and Its detrimental to my progress so again it's nice to have outside support. I look forward to sharing advice and our weight loss successes..

I am so with you on all your points. My husband is a terrible "health partner" because he says he wants to be better, but doesn't really do anything about the late night binging or crap-tastic food he consumes.

I've literally begged him to help me and in turn, help himself, to change our life styles. (Aside from that, he's caring and wonderful.)

Also, the late night hunger creates way for the binges.

At some point, if/when we get to know each other better and there's mutual trust, I would almost go as far as some members exchanging cell phone numbers and communicate with each other for support, when those late night binge cravings occur.

Too early in the game for that though.

katie
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    HI!

I have found it hard to find people that are motivated &/or STAY that way. :(

I am part of a dogwalking challenge group on mfp, let me know if you would like to join!
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Well, this is great! I would like to wish everyone a great day with lots of strenthg & determination! I think it will be a hard one to get moving! It's cold and rainy here in Northern Cali and all my kids said they wanted to stay home from school!! I said "Great, let's make a family bed in the living room, go get the pillows!" NOT!

So here it is, I think I'm going to take my dog around the block IN THE RAIN just to see how it goes. I am risking being cold & wet but hey, sometimes we have to do hard things, right? Plus if I announce this I have to do it.

When i get back I think I will grab my husband and hit the gym. Again, now I have to do it.

Have a great one Challengers! Maybe we should all DO SOMETHING HARD today!
  • Bekzness
    Bekzness Posts: 122
    Options
    Well, this is great! I would like to wish everyone a great day with lots of strenthg & determination! I think it will be a hard one to get moving! It's cold and rainy here in Northern Cali and all my kids said they wanted to stay home from school!! I said "Great, let's make a family bed in the living room, go get the pillows!" NOT!

So here it is, I think I'm going to take my dog around the block IN THE RAIN just to see how it goes. I am risking being cold & wet but hey, sometimes we have to do hard things, right? Plus if I announce this I have to do it.

When i get back I think I will grab my husband and hit the gym. Again, now I have to do it.

Have a great one Challengers! Maybe we should all DO SOMETHING HARD today!

Great determination!! I too do that.. post what I am gonna do so that you guys here can beat me up verbally if I don't do it ;)

I love getting out with the dogs, and they love it even more, its a great way to exercise! What kind of dogs do you have?

I'll be running tonight with my Mum and two Jack Russel's. My mum has had about 2 months off so will be taking it nice and easy with her but plan to push myself by running back and forth in front so not to leave her behind. Who knows.. she may surprise me and kick my *kitten* and speed off into the distance :P