Breakfast Ideas

Options
Anyone have any interest breakfast tricks or tips? There is only so much Special K cereal that one person can eat!!

Replies

• Heather20646
    Options
    I've been making my daughters egg mcmuffin sandwiches with fat free cheese. I buy the whole grain muffins, use 1 egg and 1 slice of fat free cheese...under 300 calories and good protein from the egg and fiber from the grains. Of course the muffin has carbs but it depends on how strict you want to be on them. Oatmeal is also a good option and maybe a light mozzarella cheese stick (mine are 60 calories). I often eat a Luna protein bar for breakfast, some of them are really yummy!
  • KPinkBow
    Options
    I've been eating 1 1/4 cup of Wegman's brand frosted mini wheats with skim milk and it keeps me full for a while due to the high fiber content. Plus they're a little sweet so I feel satisfied! Only 230 calories for everything together!
  • shickey84
    shickey84 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Egg whites are great and help you feel full. great protein to help build muscle and burn fat!!!

I do 1 cup liquid egg whites and one cup of baby spinach. This might sound nasty but its really good and easy. spray a microwavable bowl pour eggs and spinach in and cook for 4 mins .. enjoy
  • mrsturner1016
    Options
    I love Kashi Go Lean Berry Crunch with Silk vanilla soymilk. Keeps me full for the morning and also is very delicious even though it's all grain and wheat.
  • ereisig
    Options
    I like the Breakfast on the go by Emarald. Its fast and easy and only about 200calories.
  • tibicinadulcis
    Options
    I've pretty much been eating a banana for breakfast every morning. It's only about 100 calories, but keeps me full for a couple hours until my snack-time (usually yogurt). It's been working pretty well for me so far.
  • Jmlomax
    Options
    At work, I usually have a package of oatmeal (130 calories) and a slice of Pepperidge Farm Cinnamon Raisin toast (80 calories) w/Land O Lakes Light Canola Spread. keeps me pretty full. Mid-morning snack of pretzels & red seedless grapes.

Weekend breakfast usually consists of one soft boiled egg and toast w/Peter Pan Whipped Creamy peanut butter w/1/3 less sugar.(The peanut butter is great as a snack with a few semi-sweet chocolate chips...reminds me of chocolate chip cookie dough. I eat it without the toast...yum!)

My husband loves to make Sunday morning breakfast with bacon, scrapple or sausage. I don't deprive myself...I can't resist a piece of bacon or a crispy piece of scrapple :happy:
  • Kinsey035
    Options
    Since someone mentioned bananas, I have to share... I bought a yonanas machine this weekend. Yes, you heard me, a yonanas machine. You take frozen peeled bananas and shove it into the machine and it comes out in a fro yo type consistency. It's the strangest thing but has satisfied my sweet tooth for the time being :)