The motivation thread :)

Options
Hi everyone it seems that some of us are finding it very hard to meet our daily and weekly targets and so i decided to start this thread. It's time to remember exactly why we are doing this. Feel free to talk about the NSV's (non scale victories ) that you have reached whilst doing the challenge, maybe you can jog for five minutes longer than before, maybe you've finally fitted into that smaller pair of jeans that have been hanging in you wardrobe for months, maybe even years.

You could post motivational posters, or pictures, or phrases, talk about how much weight you've lost the list goes on and on. Let's get each other back on track to reach that amazing end goal by December 31st

Here's a cool list so far i've lost a sperm whales brain and a rack of baby rack ribs, what have you lost.
Your weight loss =

1 pound = a Guinea Pig
1.5 pounds = a dozen Krispy Kreme glazed donuts
2 pounds = a rack of baby back ribs
3 pounds = an average human brain
4 pounds = an ostrich egg
5 pounds = a Chihuahua
6 pounds = a human skin
7.5 pounds = an average newborn
8 pounds = a human head
10 pounds= chemical additives an American consumes each year
11 pounds = an average housecat
12 pounds = a Bald Eagle
15 pounds = 10 dozen large eggs
16 pounds = a sperm whale's brain
20 pounds = an automobile tire
23 pounds = amount of pizza an average American eats in a year
24 pounds = a 3-gallon tub of super premium ice cream
25 pounds = an average 2 year old
30 pounds = amount of cheese an average American eats in a year
33 pounds = a cinder block
36 pounds = a mid-size microwave
40 pounds = a 5-gallon bottle of water or an average human leg
44 pounds = an elephants heart
50 pounds = a small bale of hay
55 pounds = a 5000 BTU air conditioner
60 pounds = an elephants penis
66 pounds = fats and oils an average American eats in a year
70 pounds = an Irish Setter
77 pounds = a gold brick
80 pounds = the Worlds Largest Ball of Tape
90 pounds = a newborn calf
100 pounds = a 2 month old horse
111 pounds = red meat an average American eats in a year
117 pounds = an average fashion model (and shes 5'11")
118 pounds = the complete Encyclopedia Britannica
120 pounds = amount of trash you throw away in a month
130 pounds = a newborn giraffe
138 pounds = potatoes an average American eats in a year
140 pounds = refined sugar an average American eats in a year
144 pounds = an average adult woman (and shes 5'4½")
150 pounds = the complete Oxford English Dictionary
187 pounds = an average adult man
200 pounds = 2 Bloodhounds
235 pounds = Arnold Schwarzenegger
300 pounds = an average football lineman
400 pounds = a Welsh pony

Replies

• onthejazz
    Options
    In 2011 I've lost the Worlds Largest Ball of Tape. And, so far, in 2012, I've lost an ostrich egg.

:)
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I've lost a chihuahua...
  • debilang
    Options
    I'm soo excited that I was able to go to Zumba today for 1 HOUR!...Love dancing,...and the hour was uplifting while I knew I burning calories. OMG...I am sooo out of shape lol...but that is why we are here! Thanks Raven for this group. Have a WONDERFUL, Safe, and Goal oriented eating week-end! Be back soon. Debbie
  • ravenclawseekergirl
    ravenclawseekergirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm soo excited that I was able to go to Zumba today for 1 HOUR!...Love dancing,...and the hour was uplifting while I knew I burning calories. OMG...I am sooo out of shape lol...but that is why we are here! Thanks Raven for this group. Have a WONDERFUL, Safe, and Goal oriented eating week-end! Be back soon. Debbie

I'm really proud of you going to that Zumba class. It's not something that i think i could do. I prefer to be on my own when i exercise.
    I didnt make the group, leoS8190 did! Though she doest seem to be very active on the thread at the moment.

Here's a link to some really inspiring weight loss pictures. I hope you all enjoy it
  • debilang
    Options

I'm really proud of you going to that Zumba class. It's not something that i think i could do. I prefer to be on my own when i exercise.
    I didnt make the group, leoS8190 did! Though she doest seem to be very active on the thread at the moment.

Here's a link to some really inspiring weight loss pictures. I hope you all enjoy it

Thx, Raven...really appreciate all you are doing for the group now Btw, on the spreadsheet, do I fill out how many minutes I worked out? THX!
  • debilang
    Options
    Sorry...now I understand how to "quote"...Here is a nice piece of encouragement for weight loss motivation:

"Your body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess the baggage, the shorter the trip.":heart::heart:
    Arnold H. Glasgow
  • debilang
    Options

Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live.
    – Jim Rohn
  • Alicja_W
    Alicja_W Posts: 169
    Options
    i have lost a 5000 BTU air conditioner and im planing to loose an automobile tire to reach my goal :P