Repeating weeks/days?

Options
How do you decide if you should repeat a day or week? I feel like I'm never really confident moving on to the next week
but I normally do ok on it. So im just wondering if i should be repeating a day or two from the previous week. Any advice would
be helpful thanks!

Replies

• eoney
    eoney Posts: 35
    Options
    I committed to myself that I would repeat any day on which I was unable to complete the full run sequence. I haven't had to repeat any yet, and it's a great motivator to keep going on those runs where I start to hear my inner-enemy voice whispering, "Walk...you should just walk...just for a little bit until your legs stop aching...juuuuust waaaaaaaaalk..." :-)
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Not sure what point you're at, but for me if I was doing a week where all 3 days were the same and I didn't quite run the whole time first time out, I'd just move to the next day and found I could either do it or get closer. I did repeat W5D2 because I was so nervous about W5D3 - but then when I did W5D3 it was actually easier than W5D2.
    I think it's probably about your confidence as a runner, not your ability. I was just too lazy to repeat days (although now I've got the running bug - watch out!).
  • coffeegirl17
    coffeegirl17 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I committed to myself that I would repeat any day on which I was unable to complete the full run sequence.

I totally agree with this -- I told myself that if there was a day that I couldn't do all the running that I would repeat it until I could. I haven't had to do that yet ... but I'm just starting week 2 and frankly my running times haven't gone over a minute yet. I might be doing some repeats as that increases :) Guess we'll see!
  • coffeegirl17
    coffeegirl17 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I committed to myself that I would repeat any day on which I was unable to complete the full run sequence.

I totally agree with this -- I told myself that if there was a day that I couldn't do all the running that I would repeat it until I could. I haven't had to do that yet ... but I'm just starting week 2 and frankly my running times haven't gone over a minute yet. I might be doing some repeats as that increases :) Guess we'll see!