Once again, I'm seeing how awesome Primal can be...

Options
MissKim
MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
Hi everyone, I fell off track last year when I took the big move from Alabama to San Antonio, I got a new job and got too out to eat everday for two months! boy, did i consume alot of mexican food! and I paid for it! i gained 25 pounds in 3 months! However, I have been back on Primal/Paleoish for two weeks and I feel great! I adjusted alot quicker than last time. I didn't have as many bad withdrawels and side affects either. I guess b/c I had done it before. but I just wanted to share how happy I am to be back in the lifestyle! I've been reading alot and listening to the lectures by Gary Taubes, just trying to get my mindset back right. I'm feeling great and ready to lose all this weight this year and and I can't wait to tell everyone how I did it!

Did I mention I've lost 7 lbs in two weeks!
and my boyfriend has lost 15 lbs in two weeks!

Replies

• MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    nobody loves me :(
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    great job - glad it is working so well for you! I have Gary Taubes books on my list of books to read.
  • jellerose
    jellerose Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Mexican food is soooo tempting! When my cravings are really insistent I've found ways to enjoy the flavors without the bad parts. Mostly ; ). I make up taco meat with grassfed ground beef and wheat free seasoning and make a taco bowl instead of tacos. If I'm doing a higher carb or "cheat" day I might crunch up a bit of taco shell on top but found I don't need that as much as I did in the beginning. Glad to see you back on track. I had a little detour for the holidays and am back on track myself so can relate! Digestion feels so much better and weight is back on a downward trend.
  • granolagrl85
    Options
    I made some crepes the other day that would be perfect for tortillas.

4tbs coconut flour
    1 tbs walnut oil
    4 eggs
    1/4 coconut milk
    and a bit of water to thin it out. You could thin it out a bit more and bake them to get them crunchy like a crunchy taco. Just a thought.
  • KMAMinx13
    KMAMinx13 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Gary Taubes does such an incredible job. I've read so many Paleo/Primal books over the years which have all been informative but Gary just explains things in such good order that it is easy to understand the science. I prefer Gary's Why We Get Fat and What To Do About It. I liked Good Calories Bad Calories too but it isn't as concise. I am currently waiting on an audio copy of WWGF&WTDAT.

I still really enjoy Neanderthin (my first Paleo book) because Ray Audette discusses the food plan from a personal perspective. I've watch the Fathead documentary quite a few times recently (on Hulu) - it's really good. Tom Naughton explains it all well and humourously.
  • KMAMinx13
    KMAMinx13 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    @granolagrl85

That sounds great! Thanks.