My issue right now

Options
jpwt1313
jpwt1313 Posts: 21 Member
So, since January 1st my girlfriend and I started eating healthier and exercising. We were doing good for about a week and a half. Thursday (Jan 12th) we added strength training. I over did it and my arms have been killing me this weekend, to the point where I cant extend my arm fully. I am sure it will pass, but because of it I have lost motivation. I got fast food yesterday, and ate B-Dubs for dinner. I did no exercise, and I paid for it this morning on the scale. I gained 3 pounds back after losing ten since we started.

I dunno, maybe I just need to vent, but I bet I can find myself back in here so people can yell at me for getting off track. Either way I am glad a group like this has opened up. I always say I need someone to shout at me and get me in shape.

Replies

• PuffinPie
    Options
    I'm having a day full of shiz myself today, so I can totally relate to your little food blow out .
    I have been good for 12 weeks (with a break of 5 days at christmas but even then I never ate more than 2000 cals per day) and today I am feeling really pissed and i've stuffed myself with a weeks worth of calories in 2 hours. Gross.
    Were all human and we all make mistakes.
    **** is going to happen and some of us will get drunk and some of us will gorge on lovely junk food, lol some of us will do both.
    Right now i'm eying up a bottle of red wine, might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb , hey?
    Tomorrow is another day so try not to beat yourself up over a setback or two.
    Take time to recover from your injury and then get back on it .
    Just don't think what's the point and give up.
    If it means something to you , then it will be worth all of stress in the end.:drinker:
  • desirae500
    desirae500 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    It's ok Ninja! Just get back on plan. Also, make sure you are including comfort and other foods in your plan. My friends always marvel that I eat just about anything I want - I just measure and count. 1/2 cup of a good ice cream is still ice cream! Yes, I actually eat better - more fruits, veggies, clean meats, etc.

And exercise - be careful. I think I'm doing well and then, like last week, I'll complete a DVD I hadn't done in awhile that has a zillion squats and I can hardly sit down the next day! Hah!

Slow and steady always wins. Good luck to you both!:smile:
  • appleg1rl
    appleg1rl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Ninja, I'm sure I can speak for almost all of us when I say we have "fallen off the wagon" more times than we can count. It's part of this crazy roller coaster of weight loss.

My suggestion is maybe a "cheat day" or "cheat meal." Incorporate one day a week where you can eat one meal of your choosing (somewhat within reason), so you'll have something to look forward to each week.

Don't let this get you down; you have so much potential.
  • tyra47
    tyra47 Posts: 97
    Options
    I have been doing good for the last weeks but today was not a good day. i went over my calories today. We all have our days but I'm sure you will be back on the wagon and continue on.
  • ManaMoo32
    Options
    I know how you feel, some day's i just feel so irritated i don't want to even get off the couch and i just want to stuff my face full o food that is bad for me. So to help remedy that I made a day where (with in reason) eat what i want once every week or two. It helps me stay on track. But i also think having a group to vent to helps. Just keep going and remember to think positive.
  • cyndyv
    cyndyv Posts: 18
    Options
    Hang in there, Ninja!! You will be ok!! You are like me, you need a coach to help you out and that's what you are looking to with this group!! There you go, back on track already!! Remember, stretch after you warm up, stretch while your working out, stretch when you are done. Make sure that you are doing good form. Lifting a lot of weight is not going to do anyone any good if you don't have good form. I laugh when I see guys "curling" a bunch of weight but they are using their whole body to do it. You will be fine, do your legs, keep your cardio going and get back to your arms as the pain goes. And most of all, you are still ahead of the game!! Keep up the great work!!:happy:
  • Zuhal10
    Zuhal10 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ok buddy, I get it, fried food is your addiction. Pizza is mine! At least it used to be. If you want me to show you exactly what your eating, go to 1. If you want me to share my story, got to 2.

1. Ok, fried food is not what you wanna be eating. I saw this video and more so much so that I am fast food free for a year!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj-gh644mwM

2. I fell down and for 2 weeks I had to wear a cast. During that 2 weeks I went on a pizza RAMPAGE! Afterwords, I gained 5 pounds. That was the worst feeling ever. In addition I was about $100 in debt to pizza hut. It took me 2 months to burn all that fat off. Trust me, it's not worth it.

Btw, See a doctor about that arm.
  • jpwt1313
    jpwt1313 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for all the motivation! It doesnt help that NFL has their playoffs going on right now. My arm feels way better. Found out I had "delayed onset muscle soreness". I suggest not getting it as it kept me down for the weekend. I got back on track today with my 2 egg breakfast, salad/fruit/yogurt lunch. Thinking turkey taco salad tonight.
  • cyndyv
    cyndyv Posts: 18
    Options
    Way to go!!! Hang in there and keep things going!!! I'm dealing with a similar problem now. My back has decided to to do its own thing again and the pain has been bad. This time instead of going crazy and eating away, I'm eating way below. I don't want the 10 lbs back that I lost. Frustrating but it'll get better!!:smile:
  • modine43
    modine43 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    we all have days like that, you can still do some walking, let your arm heal . a new day start tomorrow which means that you can start all over again.
  • fieldsbean
    Options
    Forgive yourself and move on. If you focus on the failure you sidetrack your success! Okay, yucky fast food..i love it too! But I have children and I want to see them grow into adults and have babies of their own..
    So, forget about your mess up and look to the one place you are..which is today. YOu have NO idea what is in store for tomorrow, nor can you really control it. But TODAY, you can. You CAN choose fruit over chips, you CAN choose to drive past the drive thru and stock your car with things like roasted nuts, (no salt) or dried fruit and some low fat string cheese..have stuff in your car that you can grab and when you get home, not say, "crap, i can't believe i just ate that"..
    we are all on a journey to better health. It's gonna be a forever changing journey, but believe in yourself, and it IS possible!