Don't hate, just change!

Options
I am 36, 5'4" and 169 lbs..I am the mother of 2 kids and I don't like being out of breath after chasing them or running downstairs..but I am also a Christian, and with that I know that God didn't make me to hate this body but to care for it. "If you don't take care of your body, where will you live?"
Do you ever just look in the mirror, grab that roll and call yourself disgusting? We should not do that. we have to learn how to accept our current position, but keep motivated not to stay there!
Are you with me?

Let's stop hating, and start changing! How are you learning to take it one day at a time?

Replies

• Avanie
    Avanie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you, too many times we find excuses for not exercising and eating the wrong foods which is very much a part of a very unhealthy lifestyle. Our bodies are the Temple of the Lord, I consider mine a loan from God and as with everything that is borrowed, it deserves the best care or it will be taken away from us.
  • peponita
    Options
    the problem is: how can we believe that we can succeed?
  • Avanie
    Avanie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The best way too prove that is by trying it yourself and seeing the results!
  • BabetteandRyan
    Options
    I feel as if my low self esteem has kept me unhappy and unsatisfied with myself for so long. Well no more! I've begun affirmations and prayer. I still struggle but this is the best I haveever done while dieting. Sometimes you've gotta fake it til you make it! ....and pray! :)
  • PuffinPie
    Options
    Your right.
    After several attempts at weight loss in the three years since my youngest son was born I have finally lost 29 lbs , 16 of those while using Myfitnesspal and i'm still going strong.
    I have down days, up days but mostly they are some where in between and that suits me just fine.
    You must have faith in yourself because if you don't have faith, you don't have anything.
  • Zuhal10
    Zuhal10 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I never thought of it that way...
  • JoyfullMovement
    JoyfullMovement Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I hade a dream last night that brought this very subject to light for me. Yesterday I was feeling particularly unhappy with my body when I looked in the mirror. But my dream reminded me that our bodies are a gift to house our spirit while here on earth. They bounce back and serve us well regardless of abuse and neglect. We should love and honor them. Our bodies, food, even the fat are not the villains. The behaviiors and neglect that dishonor my body and brought me to this point are my true villains to avoid. Next time I have a food choice to make, I will try to feel love and respect for my body, and view that momentary feeling of pleasure or comfort as the villain. Hmmm, lack of respect for body and self. More inner work to do. I want to get to the bottom of this life long weight battle.
  • fieldsbean
    Options
    I would love to be friends with you on here..you are very inspirational!
  • fieldsbean
    Options
    My problem is I am not seeing any results..and i can't figure out why. Now, I am not perfect..and I do slip..we are always to be honest with eachother, right?
    However..i find it complexing that I am always told on here that i was under calorie goal..that i am never over in fat or carbs..that i am doing some sort of heart punching exercise 6 out of 7 days a week..Just started the J. MIchels 30 day shred and it's awful but great..and yet..after almost 3 weeks..no weight loss.
    i have heard, oh that just means you are gaining muscle..only THEN to be told you can't gain muscle weight that quick..i DO believe my biggest challenge...is LACK OF WATER. not even close to 8 glasses a day..help, ladies or gents..
    what can i study to find what i am doing wrong? if my jeans would just seem the tiniest bit looser..i might not want to cry..but i still get the red welt after every day..sniffle sniffle..:-(
  • JoyfullMovement
    Options
    Hi fieldsbean, I know it is frustrating when you are doing everything right and the weight loss doesn't reflect it. The only advice that comes to mind is asking if you are actually measuring and weighing your food. I knew my judgement of servings, cups, ounces, etc were probably skewed and bought a scale from amazon for $25 dollars. It is a good scale and it is comforting to know exactly what calories I am eating. I read that it is good to weigh your foods for awhile to help learn what servings really look like. Know that I have my scale, I just have to use it. LOL. Do you weigh and measure your foods?
  • JoyfullMovement
    Options
    I just looked at your food diary. It looks good!
    Maybe I am not one to advise anyway. LOL. I would like my weight to be coming off quicker also. I am 50 years old with a much slower metabolism than years ago. I have fibro and it makes it difficult to work out as hard as I would like and used to. I have cut out breads and sugars 80 percent of the time or more. That made all the difference in my weight. But now I have started looking at my portions because I really was eating the right foods but more than I needed. I am looking at other little habits also, like, I have been drinking coffee in the Morning with sugar free creamer. I used to just have green tea with stevia and probably need to go back to that.
  • fieldsbean
    Options
    Thank you for your input..i do need to really weight my foods..i have a scale but i can't be honest and say i use it all the time..i can't drink coffee black but i do feel good i am down to 1 tbs of fat free creamer..i used to practically make it half creamer half coffee..lol

I really appreciate you taking the time to help me think of how to improve my weight loss..ps- your hair is GORGEOUS!!
  • JoyfullMovement
    Options
    Thank you fields. I have had my new scale a week and realize I have not been using it much. I will start. I know what you mean about the creamer. I had gotten back on it and wasn't even always measuring. I have a bug right now but plan to get more strict with myself as soon as I am well.
  • emkelly27
    emkelly27 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I belive that if we motivate our-selfs we can do just about anything. I am trying a new get fit excersie for my self and keep it during the summer. we get bored and entertainour selfs with food and the t.v before we know it. my goal is to excersize more and keep fit and get stronger this summer? what is your goal
  • lissaann22479
    lissaann22479 Posts: 163
    Options
    I totally agree with you, too many times we find excuses for not exercising and eating the wrong foods which is very much a part of a very unhealthy lifestyle. Our bodies are the Temple of the Lord, I consider mine a loan from God and as with everything that is borrowed, it deserves the best care or it will be taken away from us.

I agree with this 100%.