Turbo Fire Jan 16!

Options

Replies

• gnikki0
    gnikki0 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I kept thinking our TF thread was in the Beachbody group and kept seeing that no one was messaging...didn't realize there was another group with TF buzz! So glad I was perusing around today and found you all! I've been dying to chat about Turbo Fire!

I started week 2 on Monday. I had started Prep originally then realized I'd be fine with regular class. Then decided to do the Inferno Plan for the last 5 days and now I"m back on schedule. Phew- that sounds more confusing than it really was!!

I've been a scale junkie for too long so I havent been on the scale in over 2 weeks. And I plan on keeping it that way until I'm done with week 4. So I'm just basing my progress on how I'm keeping up and learning the moves!!

Awesome on staying away from the scale! Youre doing better than me with it :) How was the Inferno plan?

The eating part wasn't as hard as I expected. I needed a scale back calories week anyways! Coming of the holiday season. It gave me a chance to refocus on making smart choices especially with snacks. The workouts weren't bad either. I got a little bored with just flipping the 2 back and forth but I reminded myself it wasn't for more than 5 days!!!

Wtg! I should have done it! I was worried about the eating part lol!
  • gnikki0
    Options
    Hey girls! I have successfully finished fire 55 EZ and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting! I got lost a little a few times but all in all, great workout! We haven't heard from many of you Turbo Fire-ers (?lol?) if you've started or not! I hope y'all are on track :)

Much love

Nikki :)
  • leach2001
    leach2001 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I am getting back into the game this monday Jan. 23rd. I had started it and got side tracked with traveling and other things in my life and ready to recommit and get this rear in shape!

Clean eating has always been a part of my life (I just have my weaknesses that I need to use more self control).

Good luck all- Chalean is awesome!
  • MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    hey gnikko- just saw you were interested in running too- you should look into c25k....I did that before turbofire and loved it. I was never a runner- like I was awful....I am now able to run over 30 min at a time which shocks me. I also mix that up on my rest days from turbo fire and when I have extra energy. Just a thought...
  • Pickles11
    Pickles11 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I have been doing running with tf but recently had to stop because of my shin splints. Ive been doing low impact workouts for a few days and will do the lower impact tf starting today so hopefully I can slowly get back to where I was. I am doingFire 45 today with low impact. Im scared it'll hurt but I don't want to get too far off track!
  • gnikki0
    Options
    Hello!

I am getting back into the game this monday Jan. 23rd. I had started it and got side tracked with traveling and other things in my life and ready to recommit and get this rear in shape!

Clean eating has always been a part of my life (I just have my weaknesses that I need to use more self control).

Good luck all- Chalean is awesome!

that is great! way to get back into it!! good luck!
  • gnikki0
    Options
    hey gnikko- just saw you were interested in running too- you should look into c25k....I did that before turbofire and loved it. I was never a runner- like I was awful....I am now able to run over 30 min at a time which shocks me. I also mix that up on my rest days from turbo fire and when I have extra energy. Just a thought...

Omgosh! I have that app downloaded on my phone waiting for me to use it lol! that's great that it worked well for u! I was wondering if non runners got anything from it! That's good to know! I'm unable to do it right now because my husband works 14-16 hour days and I have a six month old! The jogging stroller and me don't mix! Haha! Hopefully I can try it out when his job slows down! Thanks for the input :)
  • gnikki0
    Options
    I have been doing running with tf but recently had to stop because of my shin splints. Ive been doing low impact workouts for a few days and will do the lower impact tf starting today so hopefully I can slowly get back to where I was. I am doingFire 45 today with low impact. Im scared it'll hurt but I don't want to get too far off track!

Way to hang in there! It shows that you really want it! I hope you get better VERY soon!!
  • gnikki0
    Options
    Hey dolls!

I just got finished with fire 45 and stretch 10! I am drenched! Whoohoooo! I feel amazing! How did it go for you today??

• ksharot
    Options
    I just re-started Turbo Fire today! I made it through about 11 weeks the first time I did it and saw good weight loss, now I'm re-committing to it to really kick my butt in shape. I am also training to run my first 1/2 marathon in May. I really need people to be held accountable to, so I am hoping that by checking in more frequently on here that will help me out! I have a full time job, and a very active 2 year old son so it is WAY TOO EASY for me to make excuses about why I can't work out! Anyways, I'm heading off to bed so that I can get up early b4 work to get my HIIT workout in!
  • gnikki0
    Options
    I just re-started Turbo Fire today! I made it through about 11 weeks the first time I did it and saw good weight loss, now I'm re-committing to it to really kick my butt in shape. I am also training to run my first 1/2 marathon in May. I really need people to be held accountable to, so I am hoping that by checking in more frequently on here that will help me out! I have a full time job, and a very active 2 year old son so it is WAY TOO EASY for me to make excuses about why I can't work out! Anyways, I'm heading off to bed so that I can get up early b4 work to get my HIIT workout in!

That's great! I'll be waiting for your check-ins ;)
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Well, I tried to do Fire 45 on an area rug on tile today. slipping and sliding wasn't fun. I'm definitely looking for a big padded mat so I can jump with the HIITs!
  • gnikki0
    Options
    Well, I tried to do Fire 45 on an area rug on tile today. slipping and sliding wasn't fun. I'm definitely looking for a big padded mat so I can jump with the HIITs!

I def need one too!!
  • gnikki0
    Options
    Well, I just finished HIIT 15 + Sculpt 30 (day earlier than schedule) after doing HIIT 20 yesterday...bad idea! I should have listened to Chalene! I'm so sore now. I barely got through the HIIT 15 and the sculpt today! HIIT 20 was amazing though! May be my favorite workout so far!

Hope y'all are on track!

• MissMollieK
    MissMollieK Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    So I am almost finished with my week 6 and since starting the program I have lost close to 7 pounds. I weigh in monday morning and hoping for more...but I am so satisfied as of now...I am sure I am losing inches and getting stronger. My knees were taking a beating the first few weeks, now- I am handling the jumping much better as well as able to get "lower" when needed! Stick with it everyone, just keep moving!
  • MrsPrettyInPink6
    MrsPrettyInPink6 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm re-starting Turbo Fire in the morning. I went hard for almost 8 weeks and the crashed and burned during the holidays. I love the way I felt after the workouts and long to have that feeling back again. If you've been doing TF, then you know what I mean. It's that workout high that Chalean talks about.

Although I didn't start on the 16th, I'm going to hang in with you all. During the work week, I wake up at 4:30 to get the workouts in. At first I hated it..but I have a husband and a 2 year old! Between the both of them and work, I just couldn't find the time in the evenings. During the weekends, I sleep in just a little and workout while the hubby keeps up with the little one.

I'm excited to get back to Turbo Fire!
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Hi gnikki0 and everyone else!

I'm just getting involved with MFP but I started TF on Jan 15 as well! I had a slightly different schedule than the one provided because one day I went skiing and I've been taking two rest days instead of 1. Probably going to get more onto the actual schedule some time soon. I'm enjoying that I've been doing Fire30 longer than she keeps it in the schedule because now that I really know all the moves I can put soo much more intensity into them!

I like the moves in Fire45 better than Fire30 though :)

I think HIIT 20 will be this week - scared!!

7618750.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • gnikki0
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm re-starting Turbo Fire in the morning. I went hard for almost 8 weeks and the crashed and burned during the holidays. I love the way I felt after the workouts and long to have that feeling back again. If you've been doing TF, then you know what I mean. It's that workout high that Chalean talks about.

Although I didn't start on the 16th, I'm going to hang in with you all. During the work week, I wake up at 4:30 to get the workouts in. At first I hated it..but I have a husband and a 2 year old! Between the both of them and work, I just couldn't find the time in the evenings. During the weekends, I sleep in just a little and workout while the hubby keeps up with the little one.

I'm excited to get back to Turbo Fire!

Amazing! I could never get out of bed that early! Way to get back on track! Keep it up!

Yes! The work out high :)))

keep us posted! Good luck!
  • gnikki0
    Options
    Hi gnikki0 and everyone else!

I'm just getting involved with MFP but I started TF on Jan 15 as well! I had a slightly different schedule than the one provided because one day I went skiing and I've been taking two rest days instead of 1. Probably going to get more onto the actual schedule some time soon. I'm enjoying that I've been doing Fire30 longer than she keeps it in the schedule because now that I really know all the moves I can put soo much more intensity into them!

I like the moves in Fire45 better than Fire30 though :)

I think HIIT 20 will be this week - scared!!

7618750.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Happy to have you! some of the moves are challenging to me sometimes! The more I do, the better I get! I love HIIT 20! I was scared of it at first! After doing it once, I can't wait till it comes again!!

Good luck! Hope to here from you soon!
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm not the best at keeping up on the posts! Between actually getting the workouts in and the schedule of our household, I always seem to run out of time!

After an injury to my neck, I decided to repeat week 2 since i hadn't been able to workout Saturday, Sunday and then Tuesday. I felt like in order to feel like I really completed the program, I needed to do ALL the workouts even if that meant repeating some. So I am starting week 3 today. And I'm glad to be back at it. The neck still requires a couple of trips to the Chiropractor. But I'm good with that as long as I can keep TFing!!

How's everyone enjoying the workouts? I did 45 and 45EZ today. I like 45 better. I think I've seen multiple comments about people feeling the same way! I have HIIT 20 tomorrow. I don't mind it, I just find myself more frustrated during the HIIT workouts because they move so fast that if I get lost, I don't have much time to catch up and get a good sweat on before she's moving on! I'll get it though. By the end of it, I'll be on cue for sure!!