Man down!

Options
I just started jogging a couple of days ago and felt great about it,but today out of the blues both of my knees are killing me! I woke up this morning barely able to walk,but forced myself to the gym! They were fine for days and all of a sudden the pain came! Started out walking and slowly started to jog again,it hurt for a while and then went away! Now the pain is worse and I can barely bend me knees,but I don't want to stop because I feel as if I'm cheating myself! All this time it took me to start up and now this! I don't know what to do I'm soo mad at myself! I'm also new to this and if anyone motivated wants to be pals then feel free to add me!

Replies

• cyndyv
    cyndyv Posts: 18
    Options
    I know how you feel. 3 years ago I had all the discs in my lumbar spine from L1-S1 herniate. Go big or go home, right? Haha!! Anyway, after about 3 years of hell, I finally got better and am able to work out again. Unfortunately, there are times when my back starts to hurt. Sometimes, like now, really bad. It comes down to changing what you're doing so you don't cause damage that can't be fixed. Try to see your Dr. about physical therapy. Perhaps they can give you excercises that you can do to help your knees. Try running in the pool. It may not seem like a lot of work but it can be even harder and yet better on your joints. Find things that don't cause pain to that area, I know, totally duh, and remember you are still working out. Just in a different way. Just remember, you will be fine in time. Hand in there:blushing:
  • BabetteandRyan
    Options
    Your story is oh so familiar to me. I can't tell you how many times that has happened to me. It is very frustrating and makes it hard to keep working towards your goal. DON'T GIVE UP! It can still be accomplished! Yoh may not be able to run or jog like before but there are things you can do. Try some workout videos, a walk around the block maybe. Try some strength training. This will build muscle which will aid in weight loss. Please dont make the mistake I made over and over and let an injury derail your efforts. You are worth the effort and deserve it!
  • Zuhal10
    Zuhal10 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yikes! I totally recomend going to the doctor! Its not good. The same exact thing happened to me and it tuns out that i needed a cast!:blushing:
  • desirae500
    desirae500 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Ouch! Switch your exercise, apply heat (or alternating heat and ice), and take ibuprofen! Try swimming if you have a pool available or an eliptical trainer? If you need to walk only!

Hope you're better soon!