Introduce yourselves.... go on .... don't be shy!

Options
14567810»

Replies

• Katanthus
    Katanthus Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 48 years young, and a transplanted Brit living in Florida. I joined MFP on 31st March (90 days ago), and I love it. I have always found keeping a food diary helps me.

I injured my knee about a year ago, damaged my cartilage, and was unable to walk at all. I started physio, swimming, and light walking for rehab, and I started MFP to track my progress. So far, I have lost 28lb and 60".

I really want to get back to the me I used to be a size 6 me. I am a style consultant and jewellery designer, and to be honest, despite how stylish you are, some women don't want to take style advice from someone overweight. Of course, I want to lose the weight to reduce stress and pain on my knee.

I appreciate, that with weight loss and new body shape sometimes comes challenges with finding your new style. If anyone needs help... just message me.

I wish you all the very best on your journey to a healthier happier you!!
  • Beautiful_Natural
    Options
    Hello I am approaching 43 on July 11th, geesh real close :cry:
    My weight loss has had many ups and downs. At the moment I am truly learning myself and owning my true caloric intake and what works for me.

My focus is learning to enjoy exercise for my health and longevity vs's looks. Knowing that I must take care of my body as an act of self love.

Good luck to you all and God bless you!
  • annajorgie
    Options
    Hello, my name is Anna and I am 46 and a newbie. Married 24 years to the boy next door. Have 2 great kids-one in college and one 16.

Trying to learn to eat healthy, loose weight and NEED support, encouragement, and friends. I have always taken great care of everyone else so know it is time for me to get on track and get healthy.
  • backonbandwagon
    Options
    Hello! I'm 41, if I did the math right :wink: married for 18 yrs, two fabulous daughters aged 9 &11. I seem to have the 'dieting' attention span of a pea. I'm all gung-ho until a mealtime comes around... :smile: Looking for friends for encouragement/discipline remind me to stay focused! yea, I know... I'm the only one who can do it but life is just so good at getting in the way and throwing me off course. What is up with that?! Love reading everyone's posts! Thanks for being there :happy:
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    My name is Aija I turned 40 this past january. I live in Michigan, USA and work as a legal secretary. Last year I was very active on MFP but have not had time to be online much. I lost about 12 pounds last year and kept it off but I need to get back on track with excercising. My diet is relatively good as I don't like proccessed foods and only occasionally treat myself to fast food or pizza.

Lately turning 40 has really taken a mental toll on me. I dont' have kids (nor do I want any) and my fiance and I have 2 cats.
  • kchinand
    kchinand Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Kimberly and from Minnesota where I live with my husband and our five children. I will turn 45 this fall and have found that the scale has been creeping up at a steady pace the past couple of years. Now it's time to take it off!

I feel like I have my food choices under control, for the most part-- but the exercise is a challenge for me. I have the best of intentions, but then I lose the umphf. I also struggle with how long it takes to lose a pound. I want to say 'poof' and it's all gone, and I also have fabulous tone. So! need to focus on reality, and keep working at it.

I am grateful for this group and look forward to suceeding along side all of you!