Something I Read on diseaseproof.com about sleep

Options
“the effects of sleep deprivation are actually so damaging that it is now prohibited as a method of interrogation in most countries.”

Ha! I fail on my sleep requirements.

I wake up tired sometimes but I am hardly ever sleepy at night! I am sure it's bc of my computer usage.

Replies

• susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if it is menopause or just eating right, but even when I don't think I get enough sleep (wake up early at 3:30 am and have difficulty getting back to sleep before I get up at 7 I almost never feel tired in the daytime. I used to have the 2 - 3pm drag where I could literally fall asleep driving or if left alone for 10 minutes. Now I only fall asleep on the couch after dinner before it is time to go to bed. 5 hours of sleep is normal for me. DH acts as the alarm clock. He jumps into the shower and I know I have to start my day. I'm perfectly fine after I get up and get going. I hope that is a good thing, even though I never get 8 hours of sleep a night. I don't rely on coffee to keep me going or to wake up unless I will need to be awake like going to a movie with niece tomorrow at 7:45. I'll fall asleep at the theater if I don't stop at Starbucks for my freebie before I go!