Just joined! Need friend! Inches, not pounds...

Options
I just joined and would love to add friends and also provide support/encouragement to others. I do not own a scale and will monitor my progress based on how I feel, how my clothes fit, and measuring inches.

Replies

• GingerBroad
    GingerBroad Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Love that you don't own a scale - i think how you feel is the best way to gauge success.
    Feel free to add me!
  • keggen
    keggen Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I would love to say that I could be 10 pounds lighter, but it's more trouble that I can do right now and I just don't think that's the weight my body wants to be. My goal is to tone (and therefore be smaller) and not be so squishy. And, like you said, gauge by how my clothes fit.
  • ctevis36
    ctevis36 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like. My scale seems to stay within the same 5 pounds so I started focusing more on inches lost. If the scale does drop below those five pounds its a bonus.
  • jlgrebe
    jlgrebe Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    All y'all can definitely add me! I'm always looking for ladies my size for support/encouragement. It's a whole different ball game when you only have a few inches and/or pounds to lose. Sometimes half a pound or half an inch lost is a MAJOR accomplishment that you have to work your butt off to achieve!!
  • gdickson00
    gdickson00 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this community, and to the concept as a whole, but I was thinking the other day that I wouldn't mind if I had followers to help hold me accountable and to hold other accountable. I'm like you, I base mine off how my clothes fit. I do own a scale, but that's because my job requires me to weigh a certain amount proportionate to my height. :-)
  • dogs_n_wine
    dogs_n_wine Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) This app has been great to hold myself accountable for what and how much I eat. I never realized how many calories I had been consuming until I stared recording and changing my lifestyle! I too am basing my progress off of inches and general well being.
  • MrsJ1210
    MrsJ1210 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    eskimite wrote: »
    I just joined and would love to add friends and also provide support/encouragement to others. I do not own a scale and will monitor my progress based on how I feel, how my clothes fit, and measuring inches.

That was my goal. To go off how my clothes felt rather than what the scales said. I wanted to fit into my clothes comfortably and I succeeded logging everything honestly in MFP. I lost 3 inches off my waist and thighs and I had to take a lot of clothes in as they became too loose and I had to replace others totally! Logging everything on here has done wonders for me. I'm now trying to maintain and am succeeded so far but I am still logging everything to help me maintain.

It's become a way of life for me.
  • Pattib61
    Pattib61 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me as well. I do own a scale but it's been collecting dust. Every time I lose a few pounds I regain them quickly because I feel I can eat "normally' again. I don't know if this time will be different but worth trying again.
  • MrsJ1210
    Options
    Pattib61 wrote: »
    Add me as well. I do own a scale but it's been collecting dust. Every time I lose a few pounds I regain them quickly because I feel I can eat "normally' again. I don't know if this time will be different but worth trying again.

I'm still logging despite reaching my goal. I rarely stand on the scales now but I do keep logging what I eat to help maintain my weight. Logging everything is helping me maintain but I'm eating sufficient so as not to lose anymore.
  • sanlestx
    sanlestx Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily with my Aria Scale so I can see my progress, or lack of on my Fitbit dashboard. Ideally, I would like to not have to weigh daily -- when I travel I dread coming home to get back on the scale and ironically I am usually right on target. Yes, I realize that proves the point the daily weighing is not necessary. I bounce up and down 3 pounds daily (that is my morning weight -- not the difference you expect to see weighing later in the day) and it is driving me nuts. I have not been logging food for the past 5 months and I actually signed in this morning to do so. I'll check back on this forum to look for ideas and encouragement!
  • MrsJ1210
    Options
    sanlestx wrote: »
    I weigh myself daily with my Aria Scale so I can see my progress, or lack of on my Fitbit dashboard. Ideally, I would like to not have to weigh daily -- when I travel I dread coming home to get back on the scale and ironically I am usually right on target. Yes, I realize that proves the point the daily weighing is not necessary. I bounce up and down 3 pounds daily (that is my morning weight -- not the difference you expect to see weighing later in the day) and it is driving me nuts. I have not been logging food for the past 5 months and I actually signed in this morning to do so. I'll check back on this forum to look for ideas and encouragement!

Let logging become a lifestyle and not treat is as a diet. I just find logging everything as such a handy tool to help keep me on track.
  • olivebeanhealthy
    olivebeanhealthy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm open to some more fabulous connections on here too, especially those with positive/funny/personable status updates ;) I weigh and measure. For me, daily weighing helps to keep me on track.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I'd love to add a few friends! Logging in and seeing that others have met some milestone helps me stay focused, too. Keeps us accountable, I suppose.

I'm using weight as a "goal" because I'm a numbers-oriented gal, but I'm definitely more focused on the way my clothes fit than on the scale. I'm measuring weekly for waist size and thighs as well, but I'm not good at it - my numbers are all over the place and maybe I'm just not getting the measuring tape in the same spot every time? So I continue to weigh myself twice a week, anyway.

But my true "goal" is this pair of pants. When they fit the way I think they should fit, I'll feel accomplished. :)
  • MrsJ1210
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    I'd love to add a few friends! Logging in and seeing that others have met some milestone helps me stay focused, too. Keeps us accountable, I suppose.

I'm using weight as a "goal" because I'm a numbers-oriented gal, but I'm definitely more focused on the way my clothes fit than on the scale. I'm measuring weekly for waist size and thighs as well, but I'm not good at it - my numbers are all over the place and maybe I'm just not getting the measuring tape in the same spot every time? So I continue to weigh myself twice a week, anyway.

But my true "goal" is this pair of pants. When they fit the way I think they should fit, I'll feel accomplished. :)

You can add me if you like. My goal was to fit into my clothes comfortably and I succeeded