Welcome Everyone

Options

Replies

• fitnfuntastic
    Options
    Hi guys, I've just jumped in this group, hope it's okay, I don't have 30 Day Shred as I'm in Australia and can't find it here, but I am on Day 3 of JM's Ripped in 30, which sounds pretty similar. Day 1 nearly killed me -- I had to have a lie-down for 1/2 an hour after i finished lol, as I thought I was going to pass out -- my 16yo DD did Day 1 yesterday and had to do the same :tongue: Day 2 was ok, I felt good. I'm about to go and do Day 3 in a minute. Do any of you do it first thing in the morning? I want to do it then, but am worried about being wiped out for the rest of the day -- not a problem while I'm on holidays as I am at the moment, but when I go back to work, walking around like a zombie is not conducive to getting any work done :ohwell:
    Looking forward to seeing everyone's progress :smile:
  • dlcam61
    dlcam61 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Day 1 done. I also did an hour on the wii with Just Dance 3. I think that is a really fun way to workout & burn calories. I had planned on going to Zumba tonight, but I have a head cold that decided to knock me off my feet for the rest of the day. Hoping day 2 will be good.
  • scheerlady1122
    Options
    Today is my day 1 and I'm about 8 hours post workout and I am sore!! I have been working out consistently (hard) 4 to 5 times a week and so I'm in pretty great shape - well, she sure showed me! The strength sections killed me a bit. It was a relief to move on to the cardio and ab circuits! I love knowing that I was working some different muscles than I usually do and am looking forward to seeing some real results. I'm still doing regular gym workouts and spinning classes, but will probably take it easy at the gym as my body gets used to this. Thanks for the group, looking forward to seeing everyone's progress!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who joined me on the 30 day journey to Shred. And thank you to Sherri for recommending to me that I start a group so everyone can keep up with each other.

So here we are, post away and good luck to everyone on day 3.

Woot! We got a home! Thanks for making the group!
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I've just jumped in this group, hope it's okay, I don't have 30 Day Shred as I'm in Australia and can't find it here, but I am on Day 3 of JM's Ripped in 30, which sounds pretty similar. Day 1 nearly killed me -- I had to have a lie-down for 1/2 an hour after i finished lol, as I thought I was going to pass out -- my 16yo DD did Day 1 yesterday and had to do the same :tongue: Day 2 was ok, I felt good. I'm about to go and do Day 3 in a minute. Do any of you do it first thing in the morning? I want to do it then, but am worried about being wiped out for the rest of the day -- not a problem while I'm on holidays as I am at the moment, but when I go back to work, walking around like a zombie is not conducive to getting any work done :ohwell:

I'm in melb, and I got it from JBhifi online for $15 and free post, only took a few days to get here too :)
  • mangojh2
    mangojh2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Day 2. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. Even though my muscles were so sore, it felt okay. Looking forward to tomorrow. Well maybe not, but I Plan on doing it in the morning before I get ready for work.
  • cashnhaydensmama
    cashnhaydensmama Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yikes! From everyone else's posts I seem to be the minority here, but I was struggling more from tonights workout (L1D2) than yesterday. Probably because I was slightly sore from day one I'm sure. Anyway, my hubby is doing it as well with me, and it is so nice to have someone to share the pain with me during the workout! :happy: Good Luck tomorrow everyone!
  • bkbabe99
    bkbabe99 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting a group! I feel this will help me stay motivated while keeping in touch with everyone. I did L1D2 early Monday morning. My thighs are so sore right now lol. Pushups are a struggle but I did try a few. Jumping jacks, butt kicks, jumprope....ugh they all kill me. What I did today was to just jog in place to keep my heartrate going when I couldn't continue with the cardio she did. My own lil modification lol.

On day 1 i also did Leslie Sansone's 3 mile super walk and will continue to add that when I can.
    I plan to also get back to my zumba classes at the gym. I really want to lose the weight this time!

I'm ready for day 3 in the morning!
  • Lomm
    Lomm Posts: 1
    Options
    Can someone please fill me in on what is involved in the 30 Day Shred?:ohwell: :blushing:
  • shmunster
    Options
    It's really just a cardio dvd, that you follow, 3 minutes strength, 2 min cardio, 1 minute abs, and you do this 3 times. There are 3 levels and you do each level for 10 days

I just did level 1 day 5, some parts are easier, some parts are just as hard! For some reason I really struggle with the first lots of jumping jacks and skipping, but the last lot I can do!

Do you think we should have 3 threads? One for each level, then we can talk in each level, as everyone seems to be a little bit different in their days?
  • nymphis
    nymphis Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I joined this group because I started my 30DS on Friday just gone. So today I am about to attempt D5L1.

Yesterday morning was the hardest for me so far, only because I decided to wake up 1 hr earlier before work and do my workout on an empty stomach ... For the first time since I started I had to have little breaks ...

Today I will do my workout in the afternoon, at least I will have more energy ...

If anyone wants to add me, please feel free. :)
  • Aaloo79
    Aaloo79 Posts: 105
    Options
    Thanks. I started with my wife about 2 days ago....

On a different note, isn't the name of group a bit girlish... :embarassed:
    I'm sure many guys do this workout as well...
  • shmunster
    Options
    Why, arent you a hottie with a valentine?! hehe
  • AriadneSnow
    AriadneSnow Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Just did L1D3 - for some reason it was harder than day 2. I hope it gets easier eventually! Those side lunges with lateral shoulder raises kill me every time - I had to shift to front raises half way through the second set - my arms just refuse to do that move any more!

I'm only doing the 30DS every alternate day - so you're all going to get ahead of me pretty soon - I hope you don't mind me tagging along! Feel free to add me if you want.
  • fitnfuntastic
    Options

I'm in melb, and I got it from JBhifi online for $15 and free post, only took a few days to get here too :)

Thanks! I'll go and have a look now - cheers :)
  • Aaloo79
    Aaloo79 Posts: 105
    Options
    Tell me if the "Hottie" Valentine candy as our group picture is a bad idea. LOL!

I did the 30DS this morning and combined it with my normal gym workout and I made it through. I'm sooo tired now but feel good for accomplishing it. I'd say, try it. If you're miserable on Thursday then don't do it the next week.

I think I'm going to start a new Topic for each day so we won't have tons of comments on one thread. I'll just name them the day we're on.

Its so girly :)... There are men on this forum as well. LOL
  • bkbabe99
    bkbabe99 Posts: 96 Member
    Options

Do you think we should have 3 threads? One for each level, then we can talk in each level, as everyone seems to be a little bit different in their days?

I agree.
  • docsallen
    docsallen Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone-

Today was my L1D1. While I was doing it, I had the most trouble with the push-ups - even the "girlie" ones. I felt okay afterwards - I felt like I had a good work-out, but I felt energized. As the day went on, I felt more and more sore. First it was my back when I got up from the sitting position. At the end of the day, it was the back of my thighs... My plan is to run every other day. I just hope I can make it. Is there a place where people are tracking their measurements?

Good luck to everyone!
  • cdnclovr
    cdnclovr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who joined me on the 30 day journey to Shred. And thank you to Sherri for recommending to me that I start a group so everyone can keep up with each other.

So here we are, post away and good luck to everyone on day 3.

Really glad you made this group! I'm on L1 D3 today! Oyyyyyy!
  • LoveActually
    LoveActually Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Tell me if the "Hottie" Valentine candy as our group picture is a bad idea. LOL!

I did the 30DS this morning and combined it with my normal gym workout and I made it through. I'm sooo tired now but feel good for accomplishing it. I'd say, try it. If you're miserable on Thursday then don't do it the next week.

I think I'm going to start a new Topic for each day so we won't have tons of comments on one thread. I'll just name them the day we're on.

Its so girly :)... There are men on this forum as well. LOL

I'm open to suggestions. But the name doesn't mean men can't be a part of this group. But the majority is women so "Valentine Studs" is out. LOL! How about...

Fine by Valentine
    30 Day *kitten* Kickers
    Red Hot Sexy Mama's - Sorry, that one is really girly. =)