Chocolate fix

Options
For those of you who need a chocolate fix .... Lindt has 99% dark chocolate. Only 1 net carb per 50g. I add it to oopsies bread to make a treat and to almond cookies. Chocolate chip almond cookies are amazing!

http://www.lindt.com/ca/swf/eng/products/excellence/bars/excellence-99-cacao/

Replies

• AnyaArson
    AnyaArson Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Do you have a basic recipe for those almond cookies? I've been making some with almond meal and quinoa flour, but they are very calorically dense.
  • thelowcarbrecipes
    thelowcarbrecipes Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Wow 1 net carb per 50g sounds almost too good to be true, I currently use lindt 90% dark which has 14g net carbs per 100g and i thought that was pretty decent.

I did a simple almond cookie recipe http://thelowcarbrecipes.com/dessert/dark-chocolate-chip-almond-cookies/

Unfortunatly they are also very calorically dense. Still I do think the are a great little treat if you can manage to fit them into your daily allowence
  • Justforthebacon
    Justforthebacon Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Our almond cookies are pretty calorie rich as well. About 161 per cookie. Worth it though :)
    161 cal , 15g fat , 3 carbs, 2 fiber, 5g pro

Here are the ingredients:

Lindt 99% Dark Chocolate, 30 g (1 bar)
    Butter - Salted, 90 g
    Ground Almonds, 120 g
    Protein Factory - Whey Isolate- Vanilla, 0.65 scoop
    Ground Flax Seed, 10 g
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I got some Dove dark chocolate today and only had 2 tiny pieces. Luckily, it has fiber in it so I can minus that out, but I do need to find something with less carbs. Thanks for the tip!
  • existie
    Options
    Sounds good! Thanks for sharing :) I'm not a huge fan of chocolate, but having a bar that I can slowly chip away at or use in cooking would be brilliant.
  • juicybeans
    Options
    I clicked the link and it seems that's the Canadian version, correct me if I'm wrong. I went to the US site and it's a bit higher :(. I did however find Hershey's Natural Unsweetened Cocoa Powder and mixed it with sweetener and heavy cream. Fluffed it up and froze it. You could almost make ice cream bars out of it if you poured it into something flat then froze it.
  • addictedtobubbles
    Options
    I also make my own chocolate. 3TB melted butter, 3TB unsweetened cocoa powder, sweetener to taste. I freeze mine in a flat bowl so it hardens faster. A whole chocolate disk (mine are about 5" diameter) is 3 net carbs. I will also add peanut butter or cinnamon if I want something different!
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I have melted 85% dark chocolate and equal amounts of coconut oil and poured it in to those silicone ice cube trays. They harden up really quickly in the freezer and pop out easily. ( mine a re heart shaped). they look like professional chocolates, but are way better for you and low carb!
  • addictedtobubbles
    Options
    I have melted 85% dark chocolate and equal amounts of coconut oil and poured it in to those silicone ice cube trays. They harden up really quickly in the freezer and pop out easily. ( mine a re heart shaped). they look like professional chocolates, but are way better for you and low carb!

What a great idea!
  • Justforthebacon
    Justforthebacon Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to try to make this :

http://thecerealbaker.blogspot.com/2011/05/chocolate-covered-pork-rinds.html

I LOVE chocolate covered anything. Especially salty stuff like pretzels. I figure pork rinds should be a good keto substitute. Anyone else tried something crazy like this?
  • CandyAppleCockers
    CandyAppleCockers Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Niiice. I still have lots of left over non keto friendly Christmas chocolate I've ignored for near a month (done keto 3 weeks). I melted a single slice of Terry's chocolate orange with a tbsp of coconut oil. 4g net carb. It dealt with the craving/curiosity I had. Be cooler to put it in something and cool it. But it was kind of fun. Gotta find keto friendly ways to use up some of it. All the bars, cookies and chips I had I donated to coworkers. Chocolate seems like an abomination to give away..
  • jemko
    jemko Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    This thread is brilliant, I've been needing a chocolate fix. Thanks! :)
  • xpeacemaker
    xpeacemaker Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Got my fix this morning!

Low Carb Pancakes
    2 Eggs
    2 Tbsp Organic Peanut Butter
    1 Scoop Chocolate Whey Protein

1) Melt the pb in the microwave
    2) Add eggs & beat into the PB
    3) Mix in the protein
    4) Heat pan w/ oil (med heat - 4)
    5) Cook like a pancake (it cooks VERY fast)
    Yum :)
  • Pamela777
    Pamela777 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    bump
  • djf23
    djf23 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    you guys should buy sugar free chocolate...i buy from coles or woolworths and you can probably get it at health food shops...

Well Naturally - Sugar Free Dark Chocolate - Valencia Orange (45gm Bar), 45 g

you can get it in dark choc, orange dark choc, dark choc mint crisp and almond dark choc and they taste really nice...like a quality normal dark choc...im not sure how great they would be for cooking...but its so good n choclaty by itself

a whole bar has only 2gm of carbs and like 210 calroies....pretty good for a snack

but can some one tell me where i could buy that lindt 99% in australia....i love lindt
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Good luck with the sugar free chocolates. They give me symptoms very unbecoming of a lady. Delicious going in...
  • ericablu
    ericablu Posts: 12
    Options
    Ooh, I am going to try the cocoa/butter/sweetener concoction, thanks!!
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • djf23
    djf23 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Good luck with the sugar free chocolates. They give me symptoms very unbecoming of a lady. Delicious going in...

haha ...yer it say excess consumption causes laxative effects for like all sugar free choc and lollies...but i think 1 bar is fine for me