Don't believe I've done it !!! :-(

Options
chipmunk70
chipmunk70 Posts: 55 Member
Well I had agreed to do my first ever half marathon on the 25th March 2012 in my local town, in aid of a charity that my partner is a fundraiser for. Only agreed during the Christmas Holidays, so started training, and was enjoying it - including on the treadmill where I did most of the training, getting up to 3.1 mile runs and feeling I could do more, but running out of time (due to doing it on my break at work)......................then last Tuesday what did I go and do. Yep, slipped over on a path, both feet went from under me and I landed firmly on my backside !!!!

A week on and no training (apart from some walking), and I'm still in a lot of pain, i've apparently either severely bruised or possibly cracked (again) my coccyx bone.......So that is training finished for a few weeks.......still getting in the walking - have to really, got a 17 month old dog that wants walking, and a I do a part-time job delivering and collecting catalogues from people's houses, so still walking 2+ miles a day, did 5 miles one day and boy didn't that hurt by the end of it.

I am determined still (probably certifiably mad for this) to do the half marathon at the end of March. Have only had 3 weeks training in, and depending on how quickly this injury heals might only have a few weeks training before the race, but even if I have to walk it all I'm going to do this Half Marathon.

Just so frustrating, tonight we are fully staffed, having 40 minute breaks and I just want to get over on that treadmill and do some running ! but I can't and it's doing my head in :-(

Has anyone ever cracked their coccyx bone? How long before you could train / run / jog again ?

Thanks

Cath

Replies

• Sloth_Jog
    Options
    I have not had that injury, but I just wanted to say Get Well Soon!
  • JulieWillRun
    Options
    Never had this happen. My cousin, who does marathons, will only see a sports medicine type doctor for her injuries. She thinks they do a better job at helping you get out there sooner than a regular doc.
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Mine has been broken or cracked a few times. The latest (and worse crack) was in 2001 giving birth to my oldest son. It took a several weeks to heal, but I still walked briskly with the injury, even early on. AND I took a lot of Advil - it was painful.

I think I ran after 6 weeks or so.