Thoughts on maintenance

Options
shmunster
shmunster Posts: 538 Member
Ok, so I know we are onl just starting the 30 days but I keep wondering about maintenance afterwards

I think I will try to do the dvd every few days after I finish just to keep the muscles toned, unless I decide to go onto another one of her dvds possibly!

Replies

• shmunster
    Options
    Just thought I'd bump this again now that alot of us are through level 2 and going into level 3

I think I'll start ripped, and then once thats done I'll alternate around with shred, ripped, yoga meltdown and 6 week 6 pack (dont think I could do 6 week 6 pack for 6 weeks, I'd get way too bored, theres only 2 levels)
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    I might do the 30 days again but if not , I'll do it every other day.
  • loraloha74
    Options
    Yes I'm gonna start ripped in 30 on February 15th. I got the dvd at target this weekend. It looks challenging!
  • bkbabe99
    bkbabe99 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I plan to do ripped right after I'm done with level 3. After that I'll probably alternate the two as well as doing other workouts.
  • Marebare74
    Options
    I like the idea of keeping this up, but my knees need a rest. I'm gonna keep walking my little one to school and back, and I hope to keep a routine up by doing yoga in the mornings. Won't be burning as many calories but will still be working my core and getting strength workout. Depending on how quickly my knees recover I will then add some 30DS back in. The whole 20 minute effective workout is such a great concept for our busy lives!
  • docsallen
    docsallen Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am going to focus more on cardio and take the body works+abs class at my gym once or twice a week. For me, the 30DS has been a great way for me to re-introduce exercise to my life and making it a part of my regular schedule. I am going to 3 weddings between now and June. I plan on re-doing the 30DS in May/June.
  • LoveActually
    LoveActually Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I've been pairing 30DS with the gym this entire time so I'm not too concerned. I also started P90X, completed day 3 of 90 today, so I'm good there.
  • loraloha74
    Options
    Every day I'm doing at least one thing to get ready for my workout post 30DS. I'm trying to stay focused cause level 3 is so stinkin' hard! Today I cleaned out my garage because I will be doing the Ripped in 30 out there. Keep trucking' ladies!
  • BeccaMovinUp
    Options
    I'm planning on starting Ripped in 30 as soon as I'm finished with 30DS, 13 more days arg!
  • HotHol
    HotHol Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Just thought I'd bump this again now that alot of us are through level 2 and going into level 3

I think I'll start ripped, and then once thats done I'll alternate around with shred, ripped, yoga meltdown and 6 week 6 pack (dont think I could do 6 week 6 pack for 6 weeks, I'd get way too bored, theres only 2 levels)

I'm Starting Level 3 tomorrow...will do that for 10 days....I also started doing 6 week 6 pack last monday...so I do the shred every day...eliptical every 2nd day...and 6w6p 5x a week. After my 30ds is done I do plan on doing the ripped in 30.
  • shmunster
    Options
    We should all keep this group going for ripped, etc afterwards lol!
  • beccah88
    beccah88 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've started doing 30 minutes extra of cardio so I'll probably keep that up or increase it. I was thinking of still doing the shred for now, maybe just not everyday.

I think I'm gonna buy either ripped in 30 or no more trouble zones and replace the shred with that.

Even if I end up not getting great results from the shred, one thing I have gained is motivation. I have never kept anything up for this long, and I am actually quite enjoying exercising now.
  • shmunster
    Options

Even if I end up not getting great results from the shred, one thing I have gained is motivation. I have never kept anything up for this long, and I am actually quite enjoying exercising now.

Me too, I've never followed something fr so long, so I'm pretty proud I've been able to do it
  • bkbabe99
    bkbabe99 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    loraloha already started a group for Ripped in 30. Come and join! You can find it here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3219-ripped-in-30-wonder-women

Most of us will be starting next week.
  • shmunster
    Options
    Oh awesome, thanks for that!