Day 3

Options

Replies

• shonda_gonzalez
    shonda_gonzalez Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Question: How many calories do you log for the 30DS? I'm 5'4", CW:199.8 (YES! Finally under 200 and PROUD)!
  • LoveActually
    LoveActually Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I log it as circuit training for 27 minutes and it comes in around 280 calories. I have no idea how to better log this but if anyone does, please share.

Congratulations on kicking 200 and something goodbye! I'm sure you'll be drifting down the 100's from now on.

Sixxfan4ever - Your pants couldn't handle your hottness! ;-)
  • MatildaBlinds
    Options
    I am a day late---Day 2 for me I survived. My sides are hurting probably from the weight behind my neck routine. Downloading her meal plan to get maximum results. My harms are sore too. :tongue:

12903398.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • gdc1979
    gdc1979 Posts: 22
    Options
    just completed day four,beginning to get a little easier. have begun to use handweights during punches and some other minor adaptations for a little bit extra calorie burn....bet i feel it in the morning though!!
  • mangojh2
    mangojh2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Just reading about how sore everyone is. So funny there is a group that is doing the 30DS twice in a row in 1 sitting, ... maybe thats our next challenge after Valentines Day :O
  • LoveActually
    LoveActually Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    just completed day four,beginning to get a little easier. have begun to use handweights during punches and some other minor adaptations for a little bit extra calorie burn....bet i feel it in the morning though!!

Great idea using the weights during the punches. Gonna try that tomorrow.
  • fightin2bFit
    fightin2bFit Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Completed day 2 this morning before work. My legs feel fine but my upper body is as sore as all get out. I love reading all the post from you guys; it definitely gives me motivation to continue getting up at 6:30 to workout. Keep up the good work everybody!!
  • jalysia
    jalysia Posts: 43
    Options
    I've just finished day 3! I have to admit, it doesnt seem half as long as it did on day one! The push-ups and squat+press is prob the hardest thing for me. My recovery is definitely shorter than day one though!!! I feel great, but my arms and legs are sore (though not as bad as day one). I don't see me being ready to move up to level 2 any time soon though :-/
  • jalysia
    jalysia Posts: 43
    Options
    Day 3 Done!

The cardio was WAY easier today. I actually completed all of the jumping jacks despite gravity trying to take hold of my bosom.
    Push-ups are still tricky and I wasn't able to do them the entire time.

I've resorted to using 3 sports bras to try and keep gravity from having any effect on my "bosom" :)
  • sixxfan4ever
    sixxfan4ever Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I've just finished day 3! I have to admit, it doesnt seem half as long as it did on day one! The push-ups and squat+press is prob the hardest thing for me. My recovery is definitely shorter than day one though!!! I feel great, but my arms and legs are sore (though not as bad as day one). I don't see me being ready to move up to level 2 any time soon though :-/

My hardest part is the squat and pull at the begininng. But the absolute worst for me is the abs bicycle thing right before cool down. A major struggle for this woman after two C-sections 10 years ago. At that point I want to cry! Thankfully it is at the very end of the dvd..haha.
  • Aaloo79
    Aaloo79 Posts: 105
    Options
    Reached home late :(((. Wife had already finished her 30 DS session alone.

Definitely, need to ramp up today...
  • beccah88
    beccah88 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 3 and to me it seemed a lot harder than the other days at the parts which the hand weights are used. My upper body is alright but my quads and my calves ache, especially when I walk up or down the stairs. Strangely, they don't hurt that much when I'm actually doing the workout.

Any tips for aching muscles?
  • Aaloo79
    Aaloo79 Posts: 105
    Options
    I just finished day 3 and to me it seemed a lot harder than the other days at the parts which the hand weights are used. My upper body is alright but my quads and my calves ache, especially when I walk up or down the stairs. Strangely, they don't hurt that much when I'm actually doing the workout.

Any tips for aching muscles?

Lots of stretching and plenty of fluids/water. However, dont give up on day 4. Once you do the warmup, you won't feel the soreness.
  • terrellc1
    terrellc1 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    My original plan was to do the 30DS every other day. However, I did day 2 after skipping a day, and I feel so much better today! I am not as sore. I am going to do it again TODAY when I get home! Maybe I'll be able to do a few seconds of that dreaded bicycle crunch at the end. :ohwell: I'm not moving forward to level 2 until I can do the pushups without falling on my face and the bicycle crunches...so I might be at Level 1 for a while. GO ME!
  • Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 3 today. My friend met me at the gym after work but I was nearly done with my cardio so we just finished here and came back and did the 30DS. My 3rd day... her 1st. It was a blast... still painful. But more fun to do it with someone else yelling at the TV. It definitely kicked her butt... and I still can't do all of those blasted anterior arm raises... I'm fine until those! Anyone else with me on that?
  • sixxfan4ever
    sixxfan4ever Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 3. Alittle sore today. Still a difficult time with the abs stuff at the very end before cool down. Otherwise I am doing ok getting through the rest of the dvd. I am watching level 2 right now while I slam some water before I shower. Not close to that level yet, just curious.
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to Day 3! Thought I heard applause last night but it was just me...flapping in the breeze! :blushing:
  • newme201213
    newme201213 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I am soooooo tired today. lot of stress at work......legs are very sore and my right knee aches...i am not sure if i would be able to do it today...
  • tosh1969
    Options
    Just completed day 3, felt easier, able to get more out of the cardio and pushups. So sore though. Thighs omg............ Here's to everyone having a good day.
  • scheerlady1122
    Options
    Isn't it funny how each of us struggles with different parts of the workout? I have a hard time with the first and last strength circuits - they are killer for me. It is such a relief when we finally move on to jumping jacks! My thighs are getting ripped though, I can feel the burn constantly there, and my calves from all the jumping. Here's to having hot legs! :)
    I had no desire to do day 3 today after my spin class this morning, but I made it through and felt better afterwards! We can do it, keep on, everyone!