Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Week 2 People

Just ran day 1 of week 2 this morning -- seems harder, but easier than week 1 at the same time. I felt like the time went by faster running for 1.5 minutes at a time - but it definitely got hard towards the end and I was pleasantly surprised when my final run interval was only 1 minute.

How's everyone else doing?

Replies

• kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    I was surprised how much farther I went just by increasing my run by 30 seconds! I found myself running at a slower pace than last week, but ultimately I'm okay with that because, hey, I was RUNNING! :happy:
  • rheiah
    rheiah Posts: 84
    I loved W2D1 yesterday! It went by so much faster & I felt great running (which never happened before).

My distance hasn't really increased much, but then I'm running quite slowly (I guess).
  • fitnessyeoja
    fitnessyeoja Posts: 357 Member
    Hi All,

I'll be doing W2D1 tomorrow. There are moments when I get a glimpse of the joy of running. I start to feel a natural stride developing and I feel stronger. I can't wait to see how W2 will be. Keep up the great work!

Do you guys have songs that help you with your running? If so what would you recommend?
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Do you guys have songs that help you with your running? If so what would you recommend?

I love to run to dance, club, and techno/house songs! They have great beats and get me moving faster than just general popular music. I even have some Aqua songs from years ago! :laugh:
  • rheiah
    rheiah Posts: 84
    I have a really weird collection of songs as well. Some are favourites of mine & some just have the pumping rhythm I need to keep going...

I recently posted them somewhere else (can't find the link at the moment), but these are currently featuring on my running list...

Earthquake - Labrinth ft Tinie Tempah
    I'm Sexy and You Know It - LMFAO
    Lonely Boy - Black Keys
    The Impression That I Get - The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
    Antidote - Swedish House Mafia Vs. Knife Party
    Tractor - Wretch32
  • nevareg
    nevareg Posts: 260 Member
    I'm on week W2D2 I haven't run yet today (waiting until my daughter falls asleep), but this is my 2nd time trying the C25K, hopefully I can get passed week 2 this time around!!
  • hlsc
    hlsc Posts: 66 Member
    Just finished week 2 yesterday! Ready for week 3 to begin tomorrow morning. I'm a bit intimidated at doubling the run time to 3 minutes, but the 90 seconds actually went by much faster than I thought it would.
  • I struggled with W2D1 but tonight I really enjoyed W2D2. I moved much faster tonight and it felt really good (a little sore - but the good kind!!)
  • AriadneSnow
    AriadneSnow Posts: 131 Member
    I did W2D1 today - I managed to get throught it okay! I took it really easy with the jogging pace, my time wasn't very quick but I really pushed myself on the last jogging set and jogged as fast as I could. It felt good!
  • coffeegirl17
    coffeegirl17 Posts: 43 Member
    Tomorrow is my W2, D2 run -- and I can't believe that I'm going to say this but ... I'm actually looking forward it! Something about runner's endorphins or whatever. But, holy crap ... I think I just might become a runner yet :)

I may re-think this post when I'm running for more than 1.5 minutes at a time, but the point is that I'm looking forward to my workouts and pushing myself. That's progress in itself!!
  • BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    I posted this one the week one thread but it really belongs on this one since I am on week 2 now.

I am on my 2nd week of my 2nd round of c25k. For those of you who are just getting into running let me tell you this program really works! I went from not being able to run more than a few seconds before starting to being able to run a 5k in 33:28!! I finished the program in Dec and ran my first 5k and it was amazing. I tried to move on to b210k and got to week 3 but that proved to be a little too advanced for me (or I was getting burnt out, not sure which) so I restarted c25k and this time around I am working on improving my speed. The first time I walked at 3.5 mph and ran at 4.5 mph and this time I am walking 4 mph and running 6 mph. I am doing ok at 6 mph so far but it's hard and I may have to decrease that a little as the run times get longer, we'll see.

Good luck everyone!
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    I haven't been able to run in years and want to do some 5K's this year, along with the Warrior Dash in October.

I just finished W2D2 last night. My legs have been giving me problems so I was surprised that I was able to keep up with it.
  • Operation_Me
    Operation_Me Posts: 869 Member
    Hey everyone. Just checking in again. I did week 2 day 2 this morning. Felt pretty good. I didn't have as much pain in my ankle or knees like I did on Monday. I did, however, feel my muscles twitching even hours after the run but I think it was a good thing.
  • coffeegirl17
    I did W2:D2 this morning ... ouch! I'm sore from squats & lunges yesterday combined with running at 5 AM when I'm not quite awake ... I thought I was going to fall off the back of the treadmill because I couldn't get my legs moving fast enough. It definitely got better as I started loosening up, but wow this was one of the harder runs for me so far.

I'm going to look like an old granny hobbling around work all day :)
  • AriadneSnow
    AriadneSnow Posts: 131 Member
    I completed W2D2 earlier - I managed to significantly increase my speed from W2D1 which I'm really pleased with. I even managed to run up a bit of a hill, which is the first time I've managed that. I think I'll keep on taking it really easy on the first day of the week so I know I can actually do it and then push myself a bit more later in the week.

I seem to have pulled a muscle to the right of my tailbone though. I didn't really notice it while I was running, but I'm definitely feeling it now. I put some ice on it, hopefully it'll be better in the morning!
  • nevareg
    nevareg Posts: 260 Member
    Hey guys, finished W2D3 last night and man it was tough, i had a tough time with the second 90 second run!! But it all seemed to flow easily right after, i guess music really does make a difference for me!! See you all in Week 3!!
  • mah1120
    mah1120 Posts: 37 Member
    Did W2D2 yesterday for the 1,000th time. I don't want to stop after this. So see you all in Wk3!!!+
  • MoniSunZ
    MoniSunZ Posts: 59 Member
    Have my wk2d2 run tonight and I can't wait!!! My wk2d1 run was tough, but it was also super encouraging to be able to increase my run time - especially since running was something I always felt was out of my reach!!
  • 5Btieden
    5Btieden Posts: 189 Member
    I tried week 2 on my treadmill tonight and it really seemed like the first 3 runs weren't too bad. I was shocked that I was able to run them that long. But by the 4th run I was HOT. I asked my hubby to turn the fan on but by then I was overheated. I started the 5th run and just had to stop. I slowed the treadmill down and just walked the rest. Next time I will know to have the fan close or just run it at the cold gym :) I found it easier in some ways and harder in others!
  • coffeegirl17
    W2:D3 went well for me this morning. I was up & motivated pretty early for a Saturday. The runs went pretty well & I've increased my speed on the last 30 seconds of the last 2 running intervals to really get my heart pumping. It feels good to push really hard for that last 30 seconds! Bring it, week 3!