Do something Different to get different results

Options
starchile
starchile Posts: 248 Member
Hey all!

I know I haven't posted much in this group but I've been REALLY THINKING A LOT about my life and how/why I've gotten to be this size. I will spare you the boring details, but suffice it to say that in an effort to keep the bad things away...I've also managed to keep the good things that I WANT away. If anyone reads that and understands then you understand. lol.

Anywho! As I move forward into this next half of my life, I want to let in ALL THE GOODNESS this world has to offer! I want to experience my life OUT LOUD and not feel isolated and like I don't FIT! However, in order to do that, I have to make some changes.

Like many of you here, this is NOT my first time saying "this time I'm going to do this!"...I have lost and gained many times...I KNOW how to lose weight, trust me! I'm an EXPERT! But, I SUCK at keeping it off and staying committed to myself. What I know now is that it takes some internal transformation to translate to external transformation...and that means getting rid of old habits.

Here are just a few of the SMALL ways I have committed to changing in order to be successful. What are yours????

1. I am going to stop saying "When I lose weight I'm going to do X"-- obviously SOME things I can't do b/c of societal rules (weight limits and such) but there are definitely some things that I have stopped myself from doing just out of fear.

2. I am going to stop socializing around food-- Again, obviously there are times when I can not help this....but what I CAN do is invite friends for a walk, a movie, to go skating or a game night...whatever! I just think that the "go to" thing is to say "hey let's have dinner and catch up" or something. Why not change the scene to "hey, let's go for a walk and catch up?"

3. I'm going to start treating my body as if it is the SEXIEST body in the world...cuz it is the ONLY body I have!-- I'm adding this because I was looking at my underwear the other day as I did laundry and ALLLLLL of my panties and bras are for "Business Purposes Only" LOL...no "Pleasure"....I mean, yeah, I need supportive gear so that I can look put together, but damn! Can I get a sexy pair of lace panties??? Can I get a bra that doesn't look like a straight jacket??? I'm going to go out when I get some $$ and buy a couple of matching bra and panty sets and some lacy, girly stuff! I think that even though I'm single, it could do my OWN self esteem some good to feel pretty...even if it's my own secret!!

Replies

• Bysshe
    Bysshe Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    You go girl!
    Those are all great ideas!
    Anything to stay motivated.
    I have some "cute" undies and bras... but my skin doesn't allow me to wear them...
    But I do feel sexy in my genie bra and matching shorts! lol.
  • gdaykatie
    Options
    I love this!!!