OKCupid?

Options
So I just reactivated my account on there. I can't really remember if I liked it or not since it was over a year ago and I was on a couple different sites then. What do you guys think of it?

Replies

• La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I had no luck on OKC.. :(
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Very little traffic and local participants. Cool format, though...

People are too laze to actually fill in all the info. That's why POF is so successful. Simpler and dumber which is how most like it. Sad but true.
  • stryfe101
    Options
    I actually had some luck on OK cupid...more so than with pof

though most of the okc folks became fwb's
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I've used OKC, but I've kinda given up since it seems like I don't hear back when I message girls and I feel like I've looked through everyone remotely interesting in my area. I've met some interesting/good people through it
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on what state you live in cause I live in MN and not matter if on POF, Tagged, or OK Cupid you see the same guys on all the free sites.
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I gave up on okc
  • go_fast
    go_fast Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Not good in Ontario Canada for someone in my age group. Maybe I should just give up (sigh)
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I tried POF on and off for many years. Blahh...Same guys with the same pictures for many years.... Funny how they flip if your picture is more than a month old. I am now on Match.com. I thought a pay site would make it better....WRONG!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I have not had an ounce of luck with any of them but living out in the sticks is the main reason.
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    No luck on any of them for me.
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I just reactivated my OKCupid profile, too. I had canceled it in Sept because of not very many responses. Pof was okay for a while, but lately not a single bit of interest. I hate messaging first but I've tried a couple times and even the ones that the site will tell me that they want to meet me, sometimes don't respond. So you think it's a better bet and no dice. I get a lot of Cougar hunters though, young 20's who want to hook up with an older girl. But very few of my type of guy that is my age. When I was getting messages, it was from a bunch of thuggish guys who only say "Whaz up girl?"
    It's a start to get yourself visible I guess. It only takes one mutual match to work, it just may take a while for some of us. Last year was my first attempt to really make profiles, and I was hoping if I moved to a pay site like Match it would be better but I guess some of you say no to that, too. lol Ay!
  • laurastrait21
    laurastrait21 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I was on OKCupid over the summer .. have since deleted my account - wasn't bad, only went on 3 dates but did get one good friend out of the deal! I thought all of the questions were fun - but if people can't be bothered to take the time to answer them it gets a little dull. Not quite sure online dating is for me quite yet, but overall my experience on it was positive! and FREE!
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I've learned 2 things. POF is for men looking only to get laid and OKC is where all the weirdos hang out.

Yes, I'm still on both of them hahahaha but my hopes are severely lower than when I joined them.
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    I've actually had quite a bit of luck on OKC. I have had 3 decent relationships come of it, one that I almost married! Obviously it didn't work out but I wouldn't say anything bad about any of them. I've also gained a lot of fun friends.

I guess it might be different when you're as tall as I am. It's hard to locate other singles that are over 6 foot just walking around town, especially when you're not big into the bar scene or anything. So far, it's helped me locate local singles (by local I mean within half a day's drive! lol) that are height blessed.

It also depends on what you're looking for. If OKC is where the "weirdos" hang out... Well, that suits me just fine! I enjoy getting to know artistic men, emo, hipster, whatever... There are a lot of musicians on there as well, and have even run across a number of my friends. The only downside thus far has been my ex boyfriend from years ago decided to start using them...

I was also on Big People Meet Up for about a month. I made a couple okay connections and one good friend, but the rest were a lot of "chubby chasers" and men old enough to be my dad....
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I am on all three. I've suddenly had a lot of interest the last few weeks. Maybe new people joined, making it a resolution to date? It's what you make of it and you need to be careful. I have been lucky on POF-only one person emailed me with a somewhat inappropriate email even though I've read a lot of comments that say it's nothing but a hook up site.
  • Showgirlbody
    Options
    I've been getting depressed because not a single message on POF or OkCupid since the New Year. I just recently reactivated OKC. Not a weird old man, not a thug. Nothin'. Sometimes I think you have to log in a lot so you show up at the top of the list because nobody sifts through too many pages, but really? Nobody? Booo hooo, I have to be attractive to someone! lol
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I've been getting depressed because not a single message on POF or OkCupid since the New Year. I just recently reactivated OKC. Not a weird old man, not a thug. Nothin'. Sometimes I think you have to log in a lot so you show up at the top of the list because nobody sifts through too many pages, but really? Nobody? Booo hooo, I have to be attractive to someone! lol

I suggest MFP? :)
    Way better men on here :)
  • Showgirlbody
    Options

Seriously, there are cute guys on here but none live near me. Hard enough to date someone 50 miles away in LA, let alone across state lines. lol
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options

Seriously, there are cute guys on here but none live near me. Hard enough to date someone 50 miles away in LA, let alone across state lines. lol

lol I understand! Wait your a Cali girl! Me too :) Lol But yup everyone is far on here!
  • sportsjunkee70
    sportsjunkee70 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I never have any luck on the dating sites. POF, OKC, or any of them.