How is everyone doing?

Options
cloeyfish
cloeyfish Posts: 25 Member
Just wanted to check in and see how everyone was doing? Are you seeing a difference, getting stronger, lasting longer? What are you eating? Calorie counting, or following a plan of some sort? Are you losing inches, pounds, sizes?

I am needing a motivation boost, so calling all TF'ers to enlighten and inspire me by your routines, losses and successes. I am on week 4 day three and I have been adding in Chalean Extreme workouts instead of the Core and Sculpting workouts. I have been eating around 1200 -1300 calories a day and have lost 4.5 lbs total. I would hope I would have lost more by now but i know it is at least better than where I was a month ago. I haven't done measurements in a couple, weeks, going to wait a couple more before I do that. I really love TF I am just discouraged that after a month I haven't seen a bigger loss. I normally am slow to lose pounds, but I haven't ever successfully tag teamed exercise and healthy eating like this before so I was hoping for quicker results.

So spill, how, what are you doing that is working?

Replies

• fitnfancy80
    fitnfancy80 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just joined the group and I'm super excited. I was needed a support group to help me stay with the TF program. I am on week 2 and so far so good. The first week I only lost .5lbs but I wasn't following my diet. I am on a 1400 cal a day diet. I am trying to limit myself to 1 diet soda week as well as avoid white carbs. (easier said then done) I also just started taking Safslim oil (yesterday). I saw it on Dr.Oz. But i needed a supplement to help me with my belly fat and thats what the product claims to do. www.safslim.com I will update you on my progress with that. Good Luck and just keep ing pushing play.
  • Maymichelle
    Maymichelle Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am in week 4 of TF & loving it!!! I am also on a 1400 calorie per day diet! I also struggle with actually seeing the scale move! In February it will be my 1 year anniversary of consistently working out & overall throughout the entire year I've only seen the scale go down about 20lbs over all. I tend to get really down about that. Since I started Turbo Fire, I've already noticed a great transformation with my body & the way my clothes are fitting and feeling. I'm loving the workouts even though they are so intense & I am like seriously panting by the end! lol! I have never heard about that oil that Dr. Oz talked about. I would like to look into that. I tend to like a lot of what Dr. Oz has to say.
    This is what a good friend of mine (who happens to be my Beachbody coach) recently said: "DON'T be a slave to the numbers! Make healthy choices EVERYDAY by working out and eating right ... The scale will take care of itself!!"
  • Pickles11
    Pickles11 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I am just finishing up week 2 tomorrow. I am loving the program for sure! I have lost 2lbs which is really good for me. I am on a 1400 calorie diet and I am currently working on eating ALL my exercise calories as an experiment (I usually eat half). I am also training for a 10k but I might have to stop because I am suffering from worsened shin splints. I look forward to my workouts with Chalean every day though!

Oh also- I was totally considering switching to the Chalean weights instead of the Tone etc, but I think I'lll give it a few weeks.

Is anyone using weighted gloves?
  • Maymichelle
    Options
    I have not tried the weighted gloves; however, I hope to move up to that someday! I love Monica on the Turbo Fire video...she makes the moves & using weighted gloves look too easy! ;-)
  • fitnfancy80
    Options
    I also want to try the gloves. I plan on picking some up this weekend.
  • cloeyfish
    cloeyfish Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hmm I have not been observant, I never noticed any gloves on anyone, now I have to look! Ok does anyone else laugh when doing HIIT 20 and the girl in the front row with the black bra and shorts and long black hair gets to jumping rope like a maniac for the fire drills? I almost had to stop the drill because I get cracked up over how crazy she gets. It is a bit distracting, reminds me of the episode of Friends when Rachel goes running with Phoebe and is embarrassed because Phoebe runs like a crazy person. K just had to share after doing HIIT 20 two days in a row!
  • fitnfancy80
    Options
    Hahahah. Yes I did notice that. I laugh at it too. And I just saw that episode of Friends you are talking about for the first time like a month ago. (thanks to Nick at Nite)
  • JaimeNay
    JaimeNay Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Week one of Turbo Fire for me and I love it. I'm starting on the regular class schedule. I'm getting the hang of it, out of breath sometimes, but feel the energy to keep going. Did any of you start with the prep schedule or did you just jump right in doing the regular class schedule, jw?

I did P90X last spring and lost a lot of inches before I started seeing the scale move, so those of you that aren't seeing the pounds drop, I urge you to keep track of your measurements. Sometimes, you lose fat and gain muscle but your clothes fit better and you look better too.

I'm trying to stick between 1200-1400 calories a day and I've lost 2 lbs, probably water weight, but I'll take it. 10 years ago I could work out and lose 10-15 lbs in one month when my children were small and I was in my 20's (I was working out 2 hrs a day, 5 days a week), but now that I'm in my 30's it's a little bit of a struggle to get my weight off (maybe because I'm not working out as much as I use to).

Good luck to all my TF gals/guys!
  • Maymichelle
    Options
    Hmm I have not been observant, I never noticed any gloves on anyone, now I have to look! Ok does anyone else laugh when doing HIIT 20 and the girl in the front row with the black bra and shorts and long black hair gets to jumping rope like a maniac for the fire drills? I almost had to stop the drill because I get cracked up over how crazy she gets. It is a bit distracting, reminds me of the episode of Friends when Rachel goes running with Phoebe and is embarrassed because Phoebe runs like a crazy person. K just had to share after doing HIIT 20 two days in a row!

Ha ha ha! I totally noticed that too! I did HIIT 20 again tonight and at a part where Chalene was saying to save your energy that girl was jumping wild! I wanted to tell her to simmer down! I am a friends junkie and that is hilarious to compare it to the Phoebe running episode! lol!
  • Maymichelle
    Options
    Week one of Turbo Fire for me and I love it. I'm starting on the regular class schedule. I'm getting the hang of it, out of breath sometimes, but feel the energy to keep going. Did any of you start with the prep schedule or did you just jump right in doing the regular class schedule, jw?

I did P90X last spring and lost a lot of inches before I started seeing the scale move, so those of you that aren't seeing the pounds drop, I urge you to keep track of your measurements. Sometimes, you lose fat and gain muscle but your clothes fit better and you look better too.

I'm trying to stick between 1200-1400 calories a day and I've lost 2 lbs, probably water weight, but I'll take it. 10 years ago I could work out and lose 10-15 lbs in one month when my children were small and I was in my 20's (I was working out 2 hrs a day, 5 days a week), but now that I'm in my 30's it's a little bit of a struggle to get my weight off (maybe because I'm not working out as much as I use to).

Good luck to all my TF gals/guys!

Thanks for the advice. I am also keeping track of my measurements AND I really have noticed a big change in the bagginess of my pants! =) I agree with the age thing...now that I'm in my 30's it is much harder to loose and I just keep reminding myself that it took 7 years for me to put this much weight on so it's not going to just fall off overnight!
    Good luck with your Turbo Fire workouts! Feel free to add me as a friend too! I did not do the prep schedule, just jumped right in to the regular class schedule. I guess I felt prepared since prior to TF I was doing Turbo Jam.
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    Hi Everybody!!

My name is Tausha and I'm a mom and wife. I am LOVING turbo so far!! It's hard, and i have to do a lot of the modified versions with "Allie" but I am definitely getting a huge calorie burn.

I haven't really done any of the schedules yet. At my current fitness level, I'm just doing the 55EZ and the 45EZ videos so far. I"ve lost 5 pounds in the past two weeks...and have only done the workouts a few times. My current goal is to try and do a video at least every other day. (sometimes more....)

I know that my plan doesn't go along great with the program, but it's working for me where I'm currently at in this journey.

I hope to get to know you and encourage and motivate each other!!

Keep pressing play!!

Tausha
  • coachreyes
    coachreyes Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I have lost 5 lbs in two weeks of TF. I'm hoping for a big week 3. I'm doing TF in the morning and CE 3 times a week in the afternoon.
  • Maymichelle
    Options
    Hi Everybody!!

My name is Tausha and I'm a mom and wife. I am LOVING turbo so far!! It's hard, and i have to do a lot of the modified versions with "Allie" but I am definitely getting a huge calorie burn.

I haven't really done any of the schedules yet. At my current fitness level, I'm just doing the 55EZ and the 45EZ videos so far. I"ve lost 5 pounds in the past two weeks...and have only done the workouts a few times. My current goal is to try and do a video at least every other day. (sometimes more....)

I know that my plan doesn't go along great with the program, but it's working for me where I'm currently at in this journey.

I hope to get to know you and encourage and motivate each other!!

Keep pressing play!!

Tausha

Tausha,
    I think your current plan of exercising & being on MFP DOES go along great with the program!!! The program plan is suggested to maximize results but trust me...just doing an exercise (ANY exercise) is better than none & will keep you in the right direction! Plus you did lose 5lbs! Doing the "EZ" workouts are really not that "EZ" so you are doing an awesome job! TF is so extremely intense and just being able to get through the 45 & 55 EZ's is an awesome accomplishment! We will be here to keep you moving! =)
    I am 31, married & a mom of 2 girls (ages 6 & 2)! It's so great to have you join us all in this journey!
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Hiya,

I'm on day 18. I have lost 12lbs (but I'm a big girl) and I haven't done my measurements this week, but last week I was down I believe a total of 5 inches. This is my first time pairing exercise AND eating right and my body just seems to WANT me to do this. It's being cooperative. I do use the weighted gloves and do eat back most of my exercise calories (at LEAST half) and am drinking 100ozish of water a day.

Last time I lost weight (I did a meal replacement diet plan with only sporadic exercise), I lost a lot my first month then plateaued for 3.5 weeks...so I'm going to be excited about what is happening now while mentally preparing to push through without any scale or measuring tape encouragement next month!

Keep pushing play, we will all get there. Thanks so much for your motivating posts. I feel like you guys are in the class with me!
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Throw your scale away. I bet you've lost a ton of inches. How do your clothes feel??? The scale is so deceiving and in my opinion is not a good representation of your success.. Take me. I weigh 175.3 at 5"3, but I'm in a size 10.... So i look at that number as my enemy. LOL My BMI is at 30. something which is considered obese... The numbers are all wrong.. Go by how your clothes feel not what the charts/scales say. Muscle weighs more that fat...

Keep up the good work!!
  • Cwilliams8676
    Cwilliams8676 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm christina. I am a full time mom and wife lol. I am on day 4. I lost three pounds this week. I try to only weigh weekly and measure more often than weighing.
  • priepen
    priepen Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I just started day 1 week 12 doing the 20 week program. I Have lost 13lbs and a fair amount of inches, but I feel stronger and can get through the workouts with ease. I now have a resting heart rate of 52 so Turbo is doing great things for my health. I am a big girl so I get 1600 calories plus exercise calories. I am looking forward to the advance dvds because the regular dvds are getting easy and not as challenging.
  • Maymichelle
    Options
    Congrats on both of your successes!! =)
  • mkvanli
    mkvanli Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am in the process of the prep schedule. I figured with how long it has been since I have done any sort of planned physical activity, I might as well start slow. :) But so far, I love it! I restarted about a week ago because we moved at the beginning of the month, and I hadn't gotten very far in the schedule to begin with. I've been impressing myself with keeping up with the workouts. When I first heard TF was a six day a week program, I was hesitant and unsure, but what they say is true: you have to make the time, and it's working! I've dropped about 10 lbs. so far, but with the move, it's fluctuated quite a bit. Can't wait to see the progress, especially in inches. That's what I am more focused on.

Most of my uncertainty comes from the calorie intake. Do you guys go with that MFP suggests, or the equation that TF provides? Between the two, I think I came up with a 500 calorie difference (if I did the calculations for the TF one correctly) so now I'm just really worried if I'm eating enough for the intensity of the TF workouts. Any suggestions?

It was great to read everyone's progress and accomplishments! I'm so excited for this better me. :)
  • jovie06
    jovie06 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi everyone, I just joined the group and looking for great support and motivation. I just started turbo fire and lacking motivation to push play :(

I been so unmotivated lately, even though I have an intake of 1200 calories a day and working out, I don't see any results, especially with the scale. I feel like giving up cause seems like no matter what I do, the numbers won't go down and Im getting married in 5 month!! Please help :'( me