Chest workouts

Options
Does anyone know a way to help build up the chest muscle other than push-ups and using bands? I am able to get to a point and then it's like I can't build anymore.

Replies

• abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    You need to use some weight. Do some chest presses & flys with dumbbells.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,996 Member
    Options
    NROL4W shows how to continue to work on push-ups - to make them harder and harder. Presuming you are doing a full push-up (with your elbows in, next to your ribs, rather than allowing them to flare out away from your torso), you can advance to a "T push-up" where you lower yourself to within a few inches of the floor and then twist to your left, so your left arm ends up straight over your right and your body and arms form a T. You weight will all rest on your right hand and the side of your right foot. Let your eyes follow your left hand, so you're looking up at it in the top position.

To descend: twist back and lower your left hand to the floor, so you're back in the starting postion for the classic push-up.

Lower yourself again and do the twist to your right.

And so on.
  • WandaMM1
    WandaMM1 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I agree! If you have access to weights, add presses (incline and decline) as well as flys! Don't get me wrong, pushups are an awesome exercise. You can increase the "weight" in your pushup by lifting one foot at the bottom of the push up or by lifting your right leg and drive it toward your right elbow (again, at the bottom of the push up). On the next one, left knee to left elbow.
  • brat021502
    brat021502 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    thanks guys, i'll give all a try:)