Introduce yourself

Options
124»

Replies

• aafrooonishk
    Options
    Assalamwalekum m Afrin from India.I would enjoy gettin in to group like this.I m not that fat but i m 22 year old 5'1 and 53 kg but i want to weigh 47 so i thought y lose alone .Its always fun doin anything together.My only problem is that i study a lot while sitting and that has resulted into piles of fat in my lower body.some times I feel so sad and i feel i'll never b able to get a slim body if i continue studying.otherwise m a happy go lucky gal bt ths weight problem keeps me depressed all d time.If any one wanna be my freind plz add me .
  • ShereeseMuhammad
    ShereeseMuhammad Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Asalaam Alaikum, My name Is Shereese I am 31 with 4 children. I live in Kansas City Missouri and I have only been on MFP for about 17ish days :) BUT I LOVE IT. I find that there are so many positive people on here it is a great community to not only lose weight but GET HEALTHY. So nice to meet you ALL!!!
  • shaf1077
    shaf1077 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Assalamu Alaykum,

Been on MFP since Feb and lost 21kg so far. MFP has been key in helping me. Looking for friends on MFP to share my journey of losing further weight.
  • Lulla_dxb
    Lulla_dxb Posts: 22
    Options
    Hiya everyone,
    I am Lulla (nickname) and I am 26. I am Arab and from the UK but live and work in Dubai.
    I just really need to eat healthy and tone up! I feel like I've been on a diet my whole life but now Inshallah I am determined to have a healthy lifestyle!
    Any support/motivation welcome!!!
  • ShrinkingMuslimah
    ShrinkingMuslimah Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh

My name is Meriem aka "Shrinking Muslimah"
    I reverted to Islam about 4.5 years ago, and I'm currently working towards my Bachelor's in Islamic Studies insha Allah.
    I have a long into which I wrote on my profile so please feel free to add me and check it out biithnillah.
  • 29_2013
    29_2013 Posts: 7
    Options
    Salam all,

after usually binging every Ramadan and putting on weight, now I am the heaviest I've ever been so I've decided it is time to benefit physically from Ramadan as well as spiritually,.. which is why I'm here!

Here's hoping I manage to lose weight this month!

Looking forward to getting to you all

Ramadan Kareem,

Lisa

P.S I'm in London
  • smb0701
    smb0701 Posts: 234
    Options
    Ramadan Mubarak.
  • TasnimEz
    TasnimEz Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Salaam aleykum and Ramadan mabrouk to everyone.. :smile:

My name is Therese and I am from Sweden, live in Tunisia. Muslim since -05. I joined MFP and lost 20 kg's, unfortunately gained a little more than half of it back due to emotional stress related to my health problems. I'm in Sweden now to try to find out what's wrong with me, probably something neurological. But alhamdulillah.

Anyway... Joined MFP again because I really, REALLY feel bad and my weak muscles obviously can't handle the weight! I know losing the weight will not make the spasms and pain go away but it sure doesn't get any better when I'm fat. :tongue:

Please add me to your friend list, I could use some support and hope to be able to give support as well. :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • chrisc31
    chrisc31 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Assalaamu alaikum! I don't think I've posted here yet. My name is Christine and I've been on MFP since December 2010. I've logged in everyday since then even when I've gone WAY over calories! :) I used it to keep a hold on my weight when I was pregnant with my son in 2011-2012. I've been a muslimah for 10 years alhamdulillah and have been married since 2006. We have two wonderful kids masha'Allah. I'm the only Muslim in my non religious family. I'd love more muslimah friends so feel free to add me! :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Assalamu Alaykum to all..

I was born muslim, I am half American and half Arab and living in the Middle East in a country called Oman (which isn't very well known at all.. I can't even find it in the location settings! :()

I have been struggling with my weight for almost my entire life; the last time I was at a "normal" weight, I was a very young child, and I am nearly 19 now. I have made a lot of progress, I think, but I still have quite a bit of weight left to lose.

I was very glad to find a forum for muslims on here, as I have never found any other muslims on the site.

Ramadan kareem and best of luck to everyone on your journey :happy:
  • amirahdaboss
    amirahdaboss Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Salam everybody,

my name is Amirah and I am 18 years old. I was born Muslim alhamdullilah, and am half moroccan half belgian. Ive been struggling with my weight since middle schoo, and currently weigh 155 pounds at 5'6. I hope to lose about 30 pounds Inshalllah. Feel free to add me! :)
  • AZ_Danny
    AZ_Danny Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    ASA Everybody :)

I'm Ahmed (though my real name is Danny) from Arizona. I became a Muslim in June of 2011. I am married for one year to my wife that reverted to Islam about a year before I did. Looking forward to supporting each other and getting healthy

Eid Mubarak everybody!
  • Sdg612
    Sdg612 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Salaam Alaikum WaRahmatullah WaBarakatuh,
    May the peace and blessing of the Al-Mighty be upon all of you inshaAllah!

I am so happy to see that there is a group of Muslims, Alhamdullilah :)
    I have just signed up today and I am looking forward to my journey here alongside with you all.
    I am 26 years old from NYC. I am newly wed (4months), I don't have any children yet. I am not in school (graduated in 2012; BA in Forensic Psychology) nor am I working; for now I am staying at home and enjoying it very much!!!

May Allah SWT aid us all in our journey and make us successful!

Yours truly,

Sumeyya
  • Sdg612
    Options
    -Sumeyya
  • Sdg612
    Options
    Hi. I haven't converted yet. I'm still studying. However, it feels right. I will be the first in a non religious Christian family to do so and I will not get much emotional support. A couple of my friends have already made it clear that they will refuse to be seen with me in a hijab. It will be quite a life change. But I think Allah calls.

I just needed to say that to someone.

Thank You.

Thanks for sharing! so....are you Muslim yet? :)

-Sumeyya
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Hi all :) I'm a 32 year old, in Idaho, USA and I've been studying Islam and planning to revert for some months now (but have not done it yet, I do not know anyone really offline to discuss this with :) ). I'm happy to see this group!!
  • Jessie24330
    Jessie24330 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Asalamu alaikum everyone. My name is Jessica, I joined this site just under a week ago and have just started to figure out how to find my way around it, lol. I am a convert/revert and gave my heart to Allah in 2011 alhamdulillah. I don't feel comfortable sharing a lot of information on this thread because I know there are at least a few brothers in here but it any sisters want to add me than feel free. InshAllah we can all help and encourage each other.
  • Ayyubaddeen
    Ayyubaddeen Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    As salaam alaykum, my name is Ayyub. I am from Massachusetts In the U.S., I am married with 4 wife and 19 children....lol just joking, I am married to the most amazing woman that I have ever known, we have 1 son named Maalik, he is 18 months old, I also have another son from before Islam, named Andrew, he is going to be 18 next month. I currently do the exercise program P90x, on day 32 of 90 so far I have lost 8 pounds. I may have lost more had it not been that I live on the 3rd floor in an apartment and I don't want to jump around and disturb my neighbors. I am working on developing a workout and eating regimen for Muslims that will take into account halal foods and our modest dressing and interactions. I pray that you all find success with your program/diet.
  • FittinglyFit
    FittinglyFit Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    As Salam Alekum we rahmat Allah wu barakaatuh to everyone,

I'm Noora from Finland. I'm 18 years old (19 at the end of next month insha'Allah). I weigh 59 kilos and I'm looking forward to lose around 9 kilos. I've tried to lose weight before, but this time I really want to pull it off. I'm doing Stronglifts 5x5 atm and I love it.

I would love to meet more people like you, who inspire me to lose weight and to get more involved with my religion.
  • Karrasa
    Options
    As'salaamu alaykum

My name is Afnan from Washington state.

I am on MFP to loose weight. Any muslimahs may add me for support -in sha' Allah.

-Afnan

Height: 5'7"
    Current wt: 245 lbs.
    Goal: 159 lbs.