30 Day Shred suggested plan

Options
Katrob9
Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
Ok, so the plan is for everyone to post a before pic (if we feel brave enough) and their weight and waist, hip, arm and thigh measurements (again, only if you feel brave enough but definitely make sure you take the measurements).

I plan to do the shred every day doing 10 days level 1, 10 days level 2 and 10 days level 3. If anyone feels that is too much then don't worry, just take it at your own pace.

Every 10 days, so at the end of every level, I think we should post our weight and measurements to track loss.

It is hard but worth it for the possible results.

Also, use the topics to discuss which moves are the hardest for us all (rockstars when you get to level 3 are tough) and I will need a nag to do it on some days when I just don't want to do it!!

Replies

• TonyaCrego
    TonyaCrego Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    sounds awesome to me!!! I heard level 2 is harder than level 3. Just a little FYI in case you think level 2 was to hard to go on to 3...give 3 a try before making that decision :)
  • gainess
    gainess Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Ok.. Sounds good!! I'm a little scared!! LOL Nah, I'm joking! I'm looking forward to it.. Love a challenge.. BUT I have never made it off level 1 so I know it will be a huge challenge but I'm up for it!! Let's do it! Now, honestly I'm not comfortable with the pics yet or announcing my measurements. I've already taken my measurements so what I will do at the end of every 10 days is post my inches lost and weight lost.. Who knows by the end of the 30 days I may feel comfortable enough for a pic depending how my progress is going! Let's do this!!!! :-)
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    156.6 is starting weight...i have to figure out how to post a pic!
  • simplymily
    Options
    I'm not sure if I want to do a before pic but I will put my stats up later today and update my stats every 10 days.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I've started 30DS 2 or 3 times and never really got past a week. lol Maybe this time with other people I'll actually do the whole thing. I don't mind how much it hurts sometimes. More or less I get bored with doing the same thing 10 days in a row. When I do this, I'll just turn my mind off and do it.
  • westcoaster09
    Options
    ill take my measurements and weight but im only gonna share what i lose (or gain lol) :) good luck everyone!
  • calamityshell
    Options
    Hello everyone :)

Looking forward to starting this, I am hoping the group will help me stick with it for more than a week.

Will people be doing other exercises along side? I was thinking adding some Just Dance 3 or Zumba on days where i have a bit more energy (think i may be a little deluded to think I will have extra energy after Jillian has kicked my *kitten* :))

Good luck everyone.
  • supermom954
    Options
    What all measurements are we going to be taking? I do not have the video yet but im going to go buy it this weekend. I will post pictures as soon as i get a chance :)
  • angie_04
    angie_04 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Im really excited to start on Mon...Im gonna take every Sun. off, and I figured it up to where I will b through on Feb. 27.....I will be including zumba or something else on some days also....

exercise.png

Also ladies, feel free to add me as friend:wink:
  • Amberchalon
    Amberchalon Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Okay, can someone give me the details on the 30 day shred? It's completly new to me so I don't know what is expected and what I should be doing specifically?
  • pascale485
    pascale485 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Is everybody going to do it everyday? I might miss somedays since I have to juggle school, work and archery practice!

I am feeling motivated to do this! Thanks everyone!
  • pascale485
    pascale485 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Okay, can someone give me the details on the 30 day shred? It's completly new to me so I don't know what is expected and what I should be doing specifically?

Expect Cardio! That's what I found the hardest last time I did it! But after 4-5 days it gets easier to follow!!!
  • GiiaSoCrazii
    GiiaSoCrazii Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I will Try for everyday but i know i have some traveling this coming month so i will just plan accordingly. I will post pics and my stats even though i am beyond embarrassed about them..going to buy DVD tonight or tomorrow. reading the post from the people who have already tried it...it sounds like a challenge..but im up for it!!! great way to kick start the year :)
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I really found level 2 harder than 3 and I know lots of people did, I'm looking forward to starting on Monday now - I am stoked by how many of us are doing it!

I will be adding in zumba on the wii and I do 3 hours of bellydancing a week and walking too.
  • westcoaster09
    Options
    I think i'm going to start with 3lbs weights, anyone else?
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Hey, I joined - thanks Katrob9!!

I will check in and do my weight and measurements on Monday.

The goals sound just like what I did the first time so I am looking forward to it!!

Thanks!!
  • ErinBeth7
    Options
    I think i'm going to start with 3lbs weights, anyone else?

I've always used 2lb weights, mainly because they were cheaper, haha, but it burns plenty with Jillians exercises.
  • ErinBeth7
    Options

The exercises are very simple, but not always easy to complete. The first level you can expect lunges, push-ups, jumping jacks, crunches, and various arm-lifts. Pretty basic. From there the exercises become more specialized and obviously a little tougher. The first few days might kill, but like Jillian says you'll adapt and it will soon be just a little bit easier with each day.
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Okay I have before pics but im not sure if im brave enough. I havent done my measurements yet. Are we posting here??

This is my second round on the shred after a 5 month gap so its like starting over again. And I am doing every other day because I am committee to a gym class on tuesday and thursday. But so far im on second week Level 2 and can do regular push ups!! No more knees! Also im seeing more definition in the arms....horay!!

Lets go Shredders!!!
  • TheNewNikka
    Options
    I bought the DVD this morning, $8 at Walmart :) No excuses now !!