Sitting in Maine while stuck in the state of "peri-menopausa

Options
I know there are plenty of women out there who can identify with me when I mention the menopausal state, where our bodies are riddled with weight gain, lack of energy, stress, "busy"ness,.....and on and on. Every step on the elliptical sends visions of sugar plums dancing through our heads? The only way we can convince ourselves to walk is if we hang a twinkie off a fishing rod in front of the treadmill? I'd like to hear from other women how they motivate themselves. I know I battle the MOTIVATION ogre all the time and I need ideas. Any out there?? I look forward to hearing them. Blessings all.

Replies

• RheneeB
    RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Hey there - I can identify with the whole "perimenopause" thing.......I wake up every night drenched as though I had run a 10K! Had my annual physical just the other day and as fun as the stirrups, rubber goves and boob squishing machine were, I more enjoyed listening to my doctor tell me all the good stuff I am in for. What really makes me nervous though is the weight gain that hits most women in this state of emergency. She said the average women gains 20 to 25 pounds!! It has taken me almost 5 months to lose 15 pounds and I dread the thought of gaining weight just because I am "at that age". My doctor says that I am lucky to not have anything "broken" yet but that I really need to focus on eating healthy and exercising on a regular basis to keep things in balance.

For motivation I created a vision board....nothing fancy. Just dug out an old bulliten board from the attic and decorated to fit me and my personality. I filled it with pictures of me when I was younger and in shape, with pictures of me now (fat back and all), an exercize schedule, motivational sayings and yes, I have a really hot bikini hanging on it!!!! I also wrote various reasons as to why I want to lose weight and every time I think of one, I add it. There are probably 40-45 reasons right now. Some of them are serious but many of them are fickle and funny. I am SO determined to not be chunky until I am fat. I am SO determined to feel good about myself again. I am SO determined to love myself enough to do this for me!!!!