Kicking a bad Habit 7 day challange

Options
roksfarm
roksfarm Posts: 56 Member
I hope it's ok to post this....I am finding myself having a hard time kicking my bad habit and sticking with it. You see all this week I slipped back and I find myself going home at night and it being so much easier to have a couple glasses of wine or a few beers then working out and then I end up blowing every good choice I made or every effort I tried to do toward's my weight loss. So I am committing to 7 days of no alcohol or drinking my calories and I was wondering if anyone else would like to help me help myself stick to it? I figured if I put it out there then there's no hiding from it and I have to face and get over it. It's just a bad habit that's much more fun and easier then the habits I need to be doing to get to where I want to be and to be healthier for me and my family! I didn't want to wait until Monday to do this I want to start kicking this RIGHT NOW!!! I know we all have bad habits that we fall back on from time to time so I hope you understand and will help me.

Thanks!!

Replies

• tinksmommy2006
    Options
    I hope it's ok to post this....I am finding myself having a hard time kicking my bad habit and sticking with it. You see all this week I slipped back and I find myself going home at night and it being so much easier to have a couple glasses of wine or a few beers then working out and then I end up blowing every good choice I made or every effort I tried to do toward's my weight loss. So I am committing to 7 days of no alcohol or drinking my calories and I was wondering if anyone else would like to help me help myself stick to it? I figured if I put it out there then there's no hiding from it and I have to face and get over it. It's just a bad habit that's much more fun and easier then the habits I need to be doing to get to where I want to be and to be healthier for me and my family! I didn't want to wait until Monday to do this I want to start kicking this RIGHT NOW!!! I know we all have bad habits that we fall back on from time to time so I hope you understand and will help me.

Thanks!!
    I THINK THIS IS A GREAT CHALLENGE for yourself and any other that would like to join!!! And I am totally here to kick your butt when you need it! lol I would join you but it would just be superficial on my end...I don't drink alcohol or pop already though...not because of calories though...my dad was an alcoholic so its always been a fear for me so I just don't do it...and pop just makes me feel blah...lol. But like I said I will help you...Message me if your having a rough time or post something here or on the Facebook room so we can all kick your booty!! lol GOOD LUCK...even though I think you got this more then you think you do;)
  • roksfarm
    Options
    THANKS! Your the best I knew I could count on you to keep me accountible and clean! I have really cut down on diet soda's in just the past 2 weeks. I hate to admit it but I was drinking up to 3-4 cans a day of diet pepsi or diet mt.dew but then 2 weeks ago this past Sat I had another migriane I hadn't had one in 6 months so that sucked and I decided to get off diet soda's for all the crap thats in them especially the asparteme so I started drinking 1 reg mt.dew in the morning and drinking fresh brewed tea at work. Mama needs her caffeine and I don't like coffee so that's why I depend so much on soda's! So I'm doing better with that now I'd like to cut out the useless calories in the alcohol. Luckily I am out at home and brought $10 in my pocket to pick up some today after work but have thought twice about that and came up with this challenge for myself. Funny thing is I feel so much better when I don't drink at night I l sleep better and I think I have more patience with out alcohol so that's what makes me the maddest is all the being said I still fall back to putting that crap in my body. And not to mention last week in 1 week of doing mfp and working out I lost 6lbs in 1 week! Hell yeah that was such a wonderful feeling but then I still slide back to easy lazy habits that harmed me and made me gain back 3 bls! UGH So thanks for listening and I know we all are not perfect but I'd like to take better care of my body and my health by dumping this habit!
  • LoMadd0406
    LoMadd0406 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    [quote I was drinking up to 3-4 cans a day of diet pepsi or diet mt.dew but then 2 weeks ago this past Sat I had another migriane I hadn't had one in 6 months so that sucked and I decided to get off diet soda's for all the crap thats in them especially the asparteme
    [/quote]

I had a HUGE problem with headaches and migranes for the longest time and I was drinking 2 cans of diet pepsi a day for a long time. I decided to do my own research and a lot of things came up BUT the only one that would directly pertain to me was the aspartame. I tested my theory and didn't drink any diet pop or anything with aspartame for 2 weeks. After 4 days, my headache went away and i felt great. I decided to further test and I drank a can of diet pepsi. An hour or so later, I had a bad headache again!! I couldn't believe I was poisoning myself without even knowing it!! Aspartame is one of the worst things to consume!!!! Stick to the regular soda if you need to have one. If you go 7 days without consuming alcohol, then I will also challenge myself to go 7 days without my uncontrolled snacking.....on anything that I can find when I am getting something from the pantry or while making lunch/dinner. I am so bad for that......it could be ritz smores crackers, or mini oreo's or little m&m candies, it's all in my way and sets me back. my goal is to make this bad habit disappear!! So I am with you for this challenge Roksfarm!!!!! we are gonna kick some nasty habit butt!!!!
  • roksfarm
    Options
    Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! I feel so empowered now!!
  • p1xelate
    p1xelate Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I am in the process of getting myself off of Monster energy drinks (again because I have done this before, stupid me) I went 2 days with out one (trying to save money I also dont like coffee but have been working on ways to enjoy it) and got a migraine so bad I could barely move and as soon as I had one I improved significantly, by the second (much later) I felt almost human and now 2 days back on I am fine... /sigh Unfortunately I don't think I can cold turkey but I am going to try to not drink a whole one each day and drink less each following day. My boyfriend and I quit drinking in August because of all of the problems it was causing in our lives so I can't do that one with you but I will try to be off Monster by the end of 7 days :) I had one today so tomorrow I will try half.
  • roksfarm
    Options
    AWESOME! That was what I was hoping for! Other's to join in and just give it a full 100% effort for 7 days on whatever bad habit you need/want to kick then after we have 7 days under our belts we will all feel so much better and empowered with ourselves!!
  • taffiepie
    taffiepie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Knowing how hard it is to kick a bad habit, I'm behind all of you! I've quit smoking, and just recently I quit biting my nails. Can't think of anything other than food habits that need changing for me, but I know what it's like. Habits are...well....habitual. It's hard to stop doing something you're so used to doing.
    But with determination and will power, you can take control back. :) I'd wish you all luck, but none of you need it! :heart:
  • Anweena
    Anweena Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I used to have a few beers almost every night, so when I started this weight loss I decided to have 1 night a week (sometimes 2 depending on say a birthday party, or something) where I can drink as much beer as I like and have a pub meal or whatever. Beer is one of my biggest issues because I love the social aspect (the rest of my time I am an introvert home-body) and I just friggin' love a good guiness.

I have been doing very well with it, and find that I don't even want to have a beer during the week anymore but still look forward to Fridays when we go out. Some may need to delete something completely from their lives to end a bad habit, but for me, I want some life balance....going to the pub can stay, but I don't have room for it multiple days a week. This is the best of both worlds for me and it keeps me happy.

So, I am behind you all the way, but am not going to take this challenge myself. I do not believe in absolute denial but in moderation and reduction. That doesn't work for everyone, but its worked for me.

Good luck! I know its hard, but you can do it!
  • p1xelate
    Options
    How are you doing with the cutting these out?
  • roksfarm
    Options
    Hello All! Sorry for being MIA first my 4yr got sick then my hubby and then me! I had been on the couch for 3 days! Feeling better now & I'm back! SO needless to say this challenge has been easy for me since I was sick!!! How is all doing?
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    Hello All! Sorry for being MIA first my 4yr got sick then my hubby and then me! I had been on the couch for 3 days! Feeling better now & I'm back! SO needless to say this challenge has been easy for me since I was sick!!! How is all doing?

OH NO!! that sucks! I am glad your feeling better and that your back! Hope next week is better for you:)
  • p1xelate
    Options
    Was doing pretty well with the monster thing but then today and yesterday I had one each day :( but at least I wasn't having as many before that ...
  • roksfarm
    Options
    One step at a time!!! At least your aware of it and are trying to do something about it!!!
  • LoMadd0406
    LoMadd0406 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am doing really good.....even better than I had expected!!! How is everybody else doing on this challenge?
  • roksfarm
    Options
    Does cough syrup count as alcohol? If so I'm out! ;(
  • JackieLM
    JackieLM Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Does cough syrup count as alcohol? If so I'm out! ;(

hahaha.... nope, I think you are okay.
  • roksfarm
    Options
    Shew then that means I didn't blow it and I have kicked it! I am happy to report with everyones help and having to report oh and being sick that I am doing great! thx you gals are wonderful!!